Digital Storytelling Ees 09Presentation Transcript
Tell It Like It Is
Across the Curriculum
• Welcome and Introductions
• What is Digital Storytelling?
• Educational Examples
• Discussion and Questions
What is Digital Storytelling?
• A blending of the age-old art of storytelling
and the power of new technology that is easy
to learn and use
• Creating and telling stories using text, audio,
and images to creat a deeper understanding
for themselves as the author and greater
emotional connection for the audience
7 Elements of Digital Storytelling
1. Point of View – What is the main point of the story and the
2. A Dramatic Question – What is the key question that keeps the
viewer’s attention and will be answered at the end of the story.
3. Emotional Content – Serious issues that come alive in a personal
and powerful way and connects the story to the audience.
4. Voice – A way to personalize the story to help the audience
understand the context.
5. The Soundtrack – Music or other sounds that support and
embellish the storyline.
6. Economy – Using just enough content to tell the story without
overloading the viewer.
7. Pacing – The rhythm of the story and how slowly or quickly it
The Very Last of the Great Wangdoodles
The Ghost Ship
Digitales StoryKeepers’ Gallery
• Social Studies • Math
• Historical figure perspective • Geometry walk
• Historical events • Math around us
• Authentic stories • Act out math problems (use
• Community stories various strategies)
• Regional or local stories • Health
• Science • Staying healthy (interview health
• Inventions professionals)
• • A different point of view
Animals - Plants
• • Public service announcements
• • Nutrition
• • Physical Education
Change story elements
• Language Arts • Sports history
• Authentic student writing • Create ads
• Fiction • Art
• Interview local artists
• Meet the masters
• Through the eyes of an artist
What do I need?
• A story
• Images / videos
• Microphone connected to computer
• PhotoStory 3