6 Language Tenses,Question Tag , Question word 5 3 1.2 2.2 1. 2. 1. - Tenses , Question Tag , Question word.
2. - What , Where , When , Why , How , Who , When ,Whose , How much , How long , How often ……..etc. 1. Tenses 3. Question Tag 4. Question words 5. Mind Mapping 1 (Tenses) 1. Pre – test Presentation 2. Verb Game ( ) 1 3. Tense12 Tenses 4. Practice 5. Tenses ( 2)
6. Tenses Production 7. Mind Mapping Tenses 2 (Question Tag) Presentation 1. ( 2) 2. Present Simple Tense, Future SimpleTense, Past Simple Tense, Past Perfect Tense FuturePerfect in the Past Power Point Chart 3. Question Tag 4. Practice 5. Main Clause Tag A Main Clause B Tag 6. A I like noodle B don’t I ? 7. 8. 3
Production 9. 10. Question Tag 5 11. Mind Mapping (Question Words Presentation 1. (Varieties of Questions) 1.1 2 1.2 1 1 1.3 Yes / NQuestions 1 Or Questions 2 Wh –Questions 3 1.4 2. Tenses 3. Question Words 3 4. Question Words
Practice5.6.7. 48.Production9. 6 1510. Mind Mapping1.2.3. 44. Mind Mapping188.8.131.52. ,1.2.
3. 4. Internet 5.………………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
1 Language TENSES Tense (past) (present) (future) Tense 3 (Past Tenses)Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Past PerfectContinuous (Present Tenses) Present Simple,Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present PerfectContinuous (Future Tenses) Future Simple,Future Continuous, Future Perfect, Future Perfect Continuous Tenses 12Past Simple Tense 1. The train reached the station at two yesterday. He came to see us half an hour ago
2. (past habit)always ( ) never ( ) frequently ( ) They always kept a light on in the hall. She never cooked food when she was 12. 3. (a series of pastactions) I entered the room. Switched on the television, sat on the sofa and lit a pipe.Past Continuous Tense was / were + V. ing 1. It was raining heavily that afternoon. They were eating dinner at half past seven.
2. 2 2 Past continuous While he was working, we were sleeping. While they were playing football, I was writing a letter. 3. Past Continuous While he was cycling to school, he saw an accident. I was writing a letter when he entered the room. 4. Tome was always playing tricks on his uncle.Past Perfect Tense had + V. 3 1. By the time the sun was down, we had alreadyreached the village. By two o’clock, we had completed our work.
2. 2 Past Perfect Tense Past Simple Tense After she had washed the dishes, she listened to the radio. When he had written the letter, he read it again.Past Perfect Continuous Tense had been + V. ing 1.(continuous / Object action) (repeatedlypast action) We had been studying for months. John had not been sleeping well. Tome was always playing tricks on his uncle.Present Simple Tense V. 1 1. The sun rises in the east.
Light moves faster than sound. 2. I drink a glass of coffee every day. He often comes late to school. 3. (journey or trip) He leaves for Australia next week. 4. (Command) (Request) Please open the window.Present Continuous Tense is / am / are + V. ing 1. It’s raining now. The sun is shining so it is a lovely day for a picnic. 2. 2 She is reading a book and (is) singing a song
3. You are always spilling things. Her mother is always complaining about trivial things. 4. She enters the room while I am reading a book. As I am playing chess, my sister comes in. 5. Thomas is coming here next week. Are you doing anything this evening?Present Perfect Tense have / has + V. 3 1. I have turned on the light. The train has arrived.
2. just , already , yet He has just gone out. He has already done his homework. 3. since ( ) for ( ) They have lived here since 1980. He has worked here for five years.Present Perfect Continuous Tense have / has been + V. ing 1. I have been studying French. Peter has been living in France since 1960. 2. since for She has been doing her mother’s work since she was admitted into hospital.Future Simple Tense
will / shall / be going to + V. 1 1. I shall return in half an hour. She will go abroad next week. 2. be going to + Verb 1 Future Simple Tense (the speaker’s intention) He is going to write a letter to his father tomorrow. Help! I am going to drown 3. (request) Will you go with me? Shall I go to Bangsan?Future Continuous Tense will / shall be + V. ing 1. He will be working on Tuesday. He is off on Monday.
All the teachers will be holding a meeting tonight. 2. At four o’clock tomorrow, we shall be happily swimming at the sea. John will be returning from America next Saturday.Future Perfect Tense will / shall have + V. 3 1. The show will have started by the time we get here. By two o’clock all the goods will have been sold out. 2. By next month. I shall have finished at Mahidol University. By the end of the year they will have completed their studies at the college.
Future Perfect Continuous Tense will / shall have been + V. ing 1. By June next year, I shall have been teaching for 10years. 2 Language Main Clause Tag It is hot today, isn’t it? I don’t like to do I? sleep, hasn’t She has written she? letter, aren’t You are not here, you?
He lost some didn’t he?money, won’tThey will stay they?home, can’tBirds can fly, they?Susan speaks doesn’twell, she?She tries hard, doesn’tI had gone to she?Bangkok, hadn’t I?
3 Language QUESTIONS TAGSQuestion tags statement tags statement(positive) (negative) Question –Tags positive negative Statement Tag 1. 2. (A) The weather is cool in December, isn’t it? Mr. John has been here for three days, hasn’t he? You will help me, won’t you? He can’t swim very well, can he? It runs very fast, doesn’t it? The news proved alarming. Didn’t it? 1. statement positive ( ) tagnegative ( ) isn’t it? , hasn’t he? , won’t you? 2. statement negative ( ) tagpositive ( ) can he?
3. statement (finite verb) verb todo Tense verb to do Tense proved Past Simple tense tagdidn’t it? 4. tag ‘Helping verb (negative / positive) + pronoun?’ (B) Nobody is waiting outside, are they? Anybody can go in, can’t they? Everybody is anxious to go, aren’t they? Everyone must attend the meeting, mustn’t they? 1. statement somebody,everybody, everyone, anyone, anybody, everything, something tag ‘helping –verb + hey?’ 2. statement nobody, no one,nothing, nowhere tag ‘helping-verb (positive) + they? (C) She scarcely seems to care, does she? He rarely comes here, does he? I seldom got asleep, did I? Few students can solve the problems, can they? They hardly spoke to anyone, did they?
1. statement few, a few, little,a little (negative meaning) tag‘helping-verb (positive) + pronoun?’ 2. statement scarcely, rarely,seldom, hardly, barely, only tag ‘helping-verb (positive) + pronoun?’ (D) Open the door, will you? Shut the window, will you? Stop laughing at me, will you? Ring the bell, will you? statement tag will you? (E) Let’s go for a walk, shall we? Let’s go to church, shall we? Let me tell you, will you? Let him touch it, will you? statement Let’s ( = Let us) tag…, shall we? statement Let me/her/him tag … , will you? Question – Tags
(1) statement Yes No A : Mr. Tony and Mr. John like to play tennis, don’tthey? B : Yes, they do. A : Bangkok is the biggest city in the world. Isn’t it? B : No, it isn’t. (2) statement No Yes A : You aren’t thirsty, are you? B : No, I’m not. A : There isn’t any fish sauce in that bottle, is there? B : Yes, there is.
4 Language QUESTIONS WORDSQuestion Words WH words what,where, which, whose, who, how, when, why, how old, how long,how much, how many, how far What is it like? Where is it? Which pencil is yours? Whose book is it? Who made this chair? When did he make it? How old is he? How long did it take him? How much did the wood cost? How does it work? How many batteries has it got? How far can it fly?
Why did he give it to you? 1 Language Verb Game ( )Verb Noun1. drive a. letter2. ride b. water3. dance c. the radio4. sing d. television5. listen e. things6. eat f. ball7. buy g. bicycle8. kick h. car9. watch i. rice
10. drink j. songs11. write k. disco 2 LanguageDirection : Circle the best answer.1. The little child ran so fast that he _________ down. a. fall b. fell c. had d. was falling2. He promised to think over what I ________ him. a. has been telling b. was telling
c. would be telling d. had told3. Light ____________faster than sound. a. travels b. is travelling c. has travelled d. will travel4. There ____________ a tremble in the boy’s voice when he spoke. a. would be b. was c. had been d. will be5. He _____________ a mistake over the last few words of the speech for her last birthday party. a. had made b. made c. has been making d. would make6. Linda ____________ to a great deal of trouble for the last two years. a. would go b. went c. was going d. has gone7. The car skidded and ______________ over the wet road. a. was turning b. would turn c. turned d. had turned8. She _____________ to school every day when she was young. a. walked b. will walk c. would walk d. had been walking
3 Language Question TagDirection : Add question tags to the following sentences.1. Mr. Brown used to live in Thailand _________________________________________________?2. The children aren’t allowed to play cards, ____________________________________________?3. I didn’t say anything about that , __________________________________________________?4. He shouldn’t put so much sugar in the noodles, ________________________________________?5. You must be there by 7 o’clock , _________________________________________________?6. There’s a good bus service , ______________________________________________________ _?7. He’d like to stay there than go out , __________________________________________________?8. They’ll have plenty of time to do it , _________________________________________________?9. This bus goes to Piccadilly Circus , __________________________________________________?
10. Mr. Wilson had the telephone taken out of that office , __________________________________?11. We had to call off the picnic because of the bad weather , ________________________________?12. That man wash his car once a week , __________________________________?13. The boy’s parents wanted to cut down the living expenses a little , _________________________?14. The students should go over the lesson every week , ____________________________________?15. Miss Smith got all of the packages delivered yesterday , ____________________________________?
4 Language Question Words1. _____________ is Miss Universe?2. _____________ pupils are there in this school?3. _____________ does school usually start?4. _____________ gasoline do you need?5. _____________ did you pay for the watch?6. _____________ ago did he leave?7. _____________ do you call that in English?
8. _____________ do you pronounce that word?9. _____________ did you talk to?10. _____________ do you speak to yesterday?11. _____________ Do you want to get it now?12. _____________ of these do you prefer?13. _____________ colour did you paint your house?14. _____________ are your friends now?15. _____________ are you going to bay?
Pre / Post Test LanguageDirection : Circle the best answer.1. I don’t think he can pass the exam, ____________________? a. do I b. can’t he c. can he d. don’t I2. There is hardly any rain in summer , ____________________? a. isn’t there b. is there c. is it d. isn’t it3. That’s the girl we met at the dance , ______________________? a. didn’t we b. did we c. isn’t that d. isn’t it4. There are 7 days in a week , ____________________? a. are there b. aren’t there c. aren’t they d. are they5. I never drink coffee , _______________________ ? a. do I b. don’t I c. didn’t I d. did I6. They suspects us , ________________? a. does they b. doesn’t they c. don’t they d. do they
7. Tom is older than John , ___________________? a. d o not I b. aren’t I c. is he d. isn’t he8. Sue can’t be too careful , __________________? a. can he b. can’t she c. can she d. can’t he9. We saw no one we knew , ____________________? a. didn’t we b. did we c. didn’t they d. didn’t one10. Few people came to the dance , ______________________? a. didn’t he b. did he c. did they d. didn’t they
/ - 2) 2) 2) 2) 2) 10) /
11. h 2. g 3. k 4. j 5. c 6. I 7.e 8. f 9. d 10. b 11.a 21. b 2. d 3. a 4. b 5. b 6. d 7. c 8. a 31. didn’t he 2. are they 3. did I 4. should he5. mustn’t you6. isn’t there 7. wouldn’t he 8. won’t they 9. doesn’t it10. hadn’t he11. hadn’t we 12. doesn’t he 13. didn’t they 14.shouldn’t they 15. didn’t she 41. who 2. How many 3. When 4. Howmuch 5. How much6. What 7. Who 8. Why 9.Which 10. What11. Where 12. WhenPre / Post Test 1. d 2. a