7. Products and Platforms</li></li></ul><li>Infosys Bangalore, India<br />
8. Centers<br />Infosys is a flat world company and its centers are across the globe.<br />Source: http://www.infosys.com/contact/default.asp<br />
9. Effects of GDM implementation<br />Graph Source: http://www.1000ventures.com/design_elements/sponsored/infosys_thruyears.gif<br />
10. Infosys Mysore, India<br />
11. Nice book… But why to include Infosys as a case???<br />A small company from a developing nation.<br />Successful expansion.<br />Dream revenues<br />
12. GDM- Global Delivery model<br /><ul><li>GDM is the most successful strategic outsourcing model than any other model in corporate world.
13. It’s a combination of on-site and offshore development models.
14. Working principal of GDM is to take work to location where best talent is available at most economical cost, which makes sense and also involves less risks.</li></ul>G<br />D<br />M<br />
15. Infosys’s GDM<br />The work is divided in two segments:<br />On-site<br />Tasks included:<br />Client interaction<br />Goal setting<br />Architecture requirements<br />First –level and facilities support.<br />Global development centers<br />Proximity development centers(PDC)<br />Offshore development centers<br />
16. Infosys’s GDM cont..<br />Proximity development centers(PDC)<br />Tasks include:<br />Requirement analysis and prototype building<br />Implementation support<br />Near-site support and service redundancy<br />Offshore development centers<br />Tasks performed:<br />Information support<br />Detailed design, code development, testing and integration.<br />Report building and extensive BPO services<br />
17. Infosys Chandigarh, India<br />
18. Analyze this… <br />The managers have done a great job, however:<br /><ul><li>Increased attrition rate.
19. No cultural diversity training for the developers</li></li></ul><li>We Suggest…<br />Changes in legal documentation upon hiring.<br />Inter cultural and inter departmental employee exchange program.<br />
20. Infosys Pune, India<br />
21. Since 2006…<br />Received awards in 2007 for achieving breakthrough performance by Palladium Group.1<br />In 2007, Infosys announced of reducing dependence on US market to sustain growth. Goal was to increase Europe share to 30% and rest of world share to 20%. Europe goal was achieved in August 2008.2<br />In 2008 company started to bid for Axon, a UK based consultancy firm.3<br />According to Infosys’s CFO, clients are waiting for macro-economy to become stable before long term commitment. (WSJonline.com September 11th, 2009)<br />1.http://www.business-standard.com/india/storypage.php?tp=on&autono=30609<br />2.http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_wires/2007Aug30/0,4675,IndiaUSInfosys,00.html<br />3.http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/aug2008/gb20080827_866743.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories<br />
22. Revenue growth since 2006<br />2005-06 2152*<br />2006-07 3090*<br />2007-08 4176*<br />2008-09 4663(till third quarter)*<br />* Source: Infosys annual report for corresponding years.<br />