SOSTAC is an Acronym for the 6 basic elements of theMarketing Plan:• Situation Where are we now?• Objectives Where do we want to get to?• Strategy How are we going to get there? – The Big Picture• Tactics How are we going to get there? – The Detail• Actions Who is going to do what and when?• Control How can we control, measure and develop the process
• One thing you need to be aware of: Often people deal with the SOS as a wish-list of achievements and then fail to develop and implement a detailed, controllable & measurable action plan (the TAC). This leads to a statement of great goals with no clear idea of how – or even if you can achieve them.
• How are we performing?• What are our distinctive competitive (marketing) advantages?• How effective is our Marketing Mix?• Are we focusing on the best segments with the right type of customer?• Are we using the most appropriate channels for communication and distribution?• What uncontrollable event(s) or trend(s) can impact my business?
STRENGHT WEAKNESS Consist of 3 No existence to hotels and 4 any social media resorts Target market are family, business, leisure, Lack of identity honeymooner, conferences Location and the Pages that are surroundings uncompleted
• Business Mission?• Business Objectives?• Marketing Objectives - Business Development?• Marketing Communication Objectives?• The SMART Test for Objectives • Make sure your objectives are practical and measurable. Do they fit the following criteria? • Specific (with numbers) • Measurable (to monitor progress and confirm achievement) • Actionable (can we do it?) • Reasonable (realistically attainable) • Timed (incorporate deadlines)
• Interaction between the guest and the website• Deliver appropriate information that the guest needs• Retaining Potential Clients• Expanding Geographical Reach• Selling product/service• Organization Details• Professional Appearance.
• Segmentation - How do we want to divide up the market(s)?• Targeting - Which segments of the market do we wish to focus upon?• Positioning - How do we want to be perceived in each different target segment?• Add the 3ms• Now add in the 3Ms - the three key resources, Men, Money and Minutes. • Men meaning men and women, expertise and abilities to do different jobs. • Money means budgets - have we the money? • Minutes mean time - what are the time scales, schedules or deadlines? Is there enough time?
• Men: • One graphic web planner to reform the homepage • One photograph to take professional hotel picture• Money: • Labor cost• Minutes • Improvements and implementations to the homepage and website • Monitoring the guest browsing • Stay up to date
• Which Communication Tools are we going to use?• How are we going to use them?• What message(s) do we wish to communicate?• Are we being consistent across different tools and messages?• Do we have the necessary resources/budgets?
• Good Visual Design• Thoughtful User Interface• Primary Navigation Above The Fold• Repeat Navigation In The Footer• Meaningful Content• A Solid About Page• Contact Information• Search• Sign-Up / Subscribe• Sitemap• Separate Design from Content
• Who is going to do what?• When are they going to do it?• What is the resource allocation for the action?• What are the key performance measurements?• How is performance going to be recorded?
Step 1 • Add social media linksStep 2 • Add a site mapStep 3 • Add true professional images of the hotelStep 4 • Add search barStep 5 • Fix and have a structured text more attractiveStep 6 • Fix pages links and build online console at the homepageStep 7 • Add sign up icons
• Do action performance measurements relate to objectives?• Responsibility for measurement?• Frequency of measurement?• Resources for measurement?• Review of measurements?• Actions on variance?
• Having a website control system • Keeps the context secure • See the users and block spams • Increase productivity • Filter Internet use • Manage social media use • Proactively protect your network• Monitor browsing on the homepage• See the interaction of the guest and the website through the clicking and the time stayed on each page