1. AND THE EUROPEAN UNION Located north of Brussels the Mini Europe Park is a village of building miniatures representing the major structures from the European Union. All the miniatures are built down to the finest detail to a scale of 1:25
2. A few facts about the European Union
3. At this time the European Union has 25 members with 4 more to be accepted soon. From the western Europe only Switzerland, Norway and Iceland are not members.
4. Mini-Europe view from the top of the Atomium .
5. Denmark- Copenhagen The Exchange Building 17 Century structure
6. Sweden-Stockholm City Hall 1923
7. Finland Olavinlinna Castle 1475
8. Denmark- Copenhagen Nyhavn or New harbor with colorful houses.
9. Belgium-Celles Veves Castle Rebuilt 1466
10. Belgium-Antwerp Town Hall
11. England- London House of Parliament
12. France-Paris Pompidou Center
13. France-Paris Arc De Triomphe 1835
14. France-Paris Sacre-Coeur 1914
15. France Castle of Chenonceaux 16 Century
16. Spain Escorial 1557
17. Spain-Seville Plaza Del Toros 1760
18. Spain-Barcelona Santiago De Compostela
19. Italy Leaning Tower of Pisa and Cathedral
20. Italy-Venice Palazzo Ducale 17 th Century
21. Germany-Berlin Brandenburg Gate 1791
22. Germany Spire Cathedral
23. Czech Republic-Prague Astronomical Clock 1410
24. Austria-Melk The Abbey 18 th Century
25. Greece-Athens Acropolis 5 th Century BC
26. France/England Jumbo-Ferry
27. ATOMIUM The Atomium is Brussels well known symbol. Constructed in 1958 for the International Exhibition the Atomium represents an iron crystal molecule, magnified 165 billion times.Made entirely of steel, the structure is 102 meters tall.It has nine spheres joined by tubes. In the central vertical tube is an elevator and in the others escalators. Inside the spheres are different exhibitions . ELEVATOR ESCALATOR
30. The spheres are provided with windows allowing a panoramic view.
32. Fantasy ceiling at one of the spheres.
33. The stair railing follows the sphere pattern.
34. Mini cars exhibition in the bottom sphere.
35. Maintenance workers on top of a sphere.If I have this job I will be so scared that I'll drop my pants.
36. MINI EUROPE ATOMIUM I hope you liked this presentation and find it informative. If you have any comments please send them to Dan Calistrat at email@example.com June 2006