Transcript of "Fanship friday: 14 ways to engage fans in 2014"
Resources for Writers, Bloggers, Social Media Enthusiasts, and Lovers of Life, Art, & Fun
BOOKS WE LOVE
Fanship Friday: 14 Ways to Engage Fans in 2014
categories: Fanship Friday, Social Media Management
Fabulous First Friday of 2014 Fans and Peeps!
THANK YOU FOR THE RAVE
“These days, social media waits for no one If you’re LATE for the
"Lorihil was awesome!!!"
party, you’ll probably be covered by all the noise and you might not
"Thank you so much! Huge fan of your
be able to get your voice across. It could only mean that if you want
to be heard by the crowd, you have to be fast; and on social media,
"Rock star writing!"
that means you have to be REALLY fast.” ~Aaron Lee
"Lorihil is great. She writes well, has a
great 'voice' and is easy to work with."
There are many ways to engage your fans and followers across platforms. Below are some short
"Lori writes from the heart and had me
suggestions. Nothing particularly groundbreaking here, but some ideas to implement that maybe you
looking into my life with a renewed
haven’t tried yet.
thankfulness and true gratitude."
I certainly need to work on all of these.
On Fiverr: http://fiverr.com/lorihil
On Amazon: amazon.com/author/lorihil
So let’s start with the Big Guns: video and Facebook, then we’ll move on from there…
14 Ways to Engage Fans in 2014
Video, Video, and More Videos!
I ran some stats for a client recently and let me tell YOU,
video marketing is where it’s at!
Maybe you are already on YouTube, but…
1) Try adding a new outlet like Vine or DailyMotion to
Experiment with a mixture of outlets and types, like
engaging fans with one of these…
2) Behind the scenes- Give viewers a sneak peak into
3) Interviews- Record an interview with employees or experts in your field
4) Screen cast- Prepare demonstrations and tutorials for customers
5) Vary Content- Pictures, blog post shares, videos, etc. Mix it Up!
6) Create contests, quizes, or other “call to action” content
Contests are something I personally plan to give a go this year.
Fanship Friday: 14 Ways to Engage Fans
A Fabulous 2014 to YOU!
Mindful Monday: Questions! Ask Them
7) Make use of emoticons or try a Unicode Text Converter to capture attention with your text
8) Don’t go all MIA . Be sure to check in from time to time to respond to comments and feedback for
9) Add your personality and that of your brand into your profile
10) Ask Questions- Remember your followers are limited to 140 characters, so get creative
11) Connect with people- Social Media is about building relationships. Acknowledge your followers and
Lori's Unconventional Advice
Social Media Management
Cheers to Health & Wellness
share their tweets
12) Add a shareable image to all your posts and pages
13) Figure out what your target market is sharing the most and why, then adjust accordingly
14) Take pictures and create your own images to contribute.
Sites like PicMonkey, make it easy. PicMonkey has many free features, but I have the opportunity to
make it even better for ya! Click here for a Free day of Royale!
Video Marketing, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest are just a few of the many options. More and
more outlets are being created every day, SnapChat anyone!
Last Friday I talked about the importance of Google+, which I believe will continue to grow rapidly this
year. If you missed that post, hit it up here: Google Loves Itself
“I use social media as an idea generator, trend mapper and strategic
compass for all of our online business ventures.” ~Paul Barron
Social Media is Huge, video marketing is huge, apps are huge, mobile marketing is huge, and yes the
NSA is also huge…
MEDIA PREDICTS: 2014 — Making the list: What’s Hot & What’s
Safari Power Saver
Click to Start Flash Plug-in
ABUNDANCE QUIZ, GIVE IT A
”We wanted flying cars, we got 140 characters.”
Follow my blog
So, we don’t have flying cars just yet. But hey, I think we are pretty fortunate with the technology we
have to take our messages and business to the world. Don’t you?
I look forward to implementing more strategies this year and finding better ways to spread prosperity,
inspiration, and laughter to my fans and followers!
Have a great social media/sharing strategy you love? Share it with our community in the comments.
I know you will “like & share” this post, as well, because you’re awesome like that!
Much love and happy sharing in 2014,
XOXO Hil <3
And, about those flying cars, prototypes are in existence and designs are
being tested, so maybe they’re not so far off after all.
Safari Power Saver
Click to Start Flash Plug-in
You might like:
Quotes for Monday
Social Media Share, Ya Just Gotta Share
Fanship Friday: Social Media The Future