11. When Jesus went into theregion of Caesarea Philippi heasked his disciples, “Who dopeople say that the Son of Manis ?”They replied, “Some say Johnthe Baptist, others Elijah, stillothers Jeremiah or one of theprophets.” Chapter 16: 13-17
12. He said to them, “But who do you say that I am ?” Simon Peter said in reply “You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.” Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but my heavenly Father.” Chapter 16: 13-17
13. Doctrines Scripture Catechism Study CreedDevotions Sacraments Celebration Confession CommunionDiscipleship Service Commitment Sacrifice Covenant Sequela Christi Consecration Servanthood Contract
14. Matthew 4: 1-11
15. Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."Jesus answered, "It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."
16. Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:“ He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."
17. Jesus answered him, "It is also written: Do not put the Lord your God to the test."Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."
18. Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
19. WE ARE TEMPTED
20. DESSERT TEMPLE MOUNTAIN PLEASURES * PASSIONS PRIDE * POPULARITY * POWER * PROPERTIES * PROFITS * POSITION * PUBLICITY * POLITICS POSSESSIONS * PRESTIGE YOUNG ONES YOUNG ONCE YUPPIES * YOUNG KUNO ( YOUNG AGE ) ( OLD AGE ) ( MIDDLE AGE ) CHASTITY OBEDIENCE POVERTYMARITAL FIDELITY * DISCERMENT OF GOD’S STEWARDSHIP PURITY WILL “TWO-GETHER” PENANCE PRAYER * SACRAMENTS ALMSGIVING-TITHING HOPE FAITH CHARITY
21. ON THE ROAD TO EMMAUS Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem. They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; but they were kept from recognizing him. Chapter 24: 13-34
22. He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?"They stood still, their faces downcast. One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?" Chapter 24: 13-34
23. "What things?" he asked."About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. The chiefpriests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; but we hadhoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. Chapter 24: 13-34
24. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning but didnt find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.” Chapter 24: 13-34
25. He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. Chapter 24: 13-34
26. As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he were going farther. But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them. Chapter 24: 13-34
27. When he was at the table with them,he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and theyrecognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. They asked eachother, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?" Chapter 24: 13-34
28. They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together and saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon." Chapter 24: 13-34
29. Jerusalem DISILLUSSIONED DOWNCAST Emmaus LIGHT DARKNESS DISCOURAGED DOWN THEY DID NOT RECOGNIZE JESUS WHAT DID JESUS DO? WALK WITH THEM LISTENED TO THEIR EQUAL = FRIENDS CARES & CONCERNS
31. Therefore, putting awayfalsehood, speak the truth, eachone to his neighbor, for we aremembers one of another.Be angry but do not sin; do not letthe sun set on your anger, and donot leave room for the devil.The thief must no longer steal, butrather labor, doing honest workwith his own hands, so that hemay have something to share withone in need. Chapter 24: 13-34
32. No foul language should come out ofyour mouths, but only such as is goodfor needed edification, that it mayimpart grace to those who hear.And do not grieve the holy Spirit ofGod, with which you were sealed forthe day of redemption.All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting,and reviling must be removed fromyou, along with all malice.And be kind to one another,compassionate, forgiving one anotheras God has forgiven you in Christ. Chapter 4: 25-32
33. As they continued their journey, they entered a village where a woman whose name is Martha welcomed Him. She has a sister named Mary, who sat beside the Lord at His feet, listening to Him speak. Chapter 10: 38-41
34. Martha burdened with much serving, came to Him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by my self to do the serving? Tell her to help me.” The Lord said to her in reply “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things, there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.” Chapter 10: 38-41