2. Inner Tight Clammy Dry Pounding FinickyTension Muscles Hands Mouth Heart Stomach Physical Aspects of Fear
3. Fear can be overcome
4. Components of Fear
5. FEAR itself is unpleasant often strong emotion caused by the anticipation of or awareness of danger.
6. ANXIETY is extreme and overwhelming fear which can paralyze us and hinder our ability to act, to make decisions and carry out our mission.
7. PANIC is a sudden, severe, overpowering anxiety often marked by lightheadedness, heart palpitations and a sense of impending doom.
8. PHOBIA is a irrational dread of an object, person, act or situation.• Afraid to leave home• Afraid of elevators• Afraid to fly in airplanes• Afraid to walk in public places
9. Fear Is Normal
10. FEAR IS A NORMAL HUMAN EMOTION & AT TIMES A USEFUL ONE 1. Nervous tension prepare more thoroughly • Before giving a speech • Appearing in court • Going on a job interview • Anticipation of retirement 2. Fear of being mugged precautionary measures to avoid desolate areas in the middle of the night 3. Fear of a job lay-off seek retraining or develop other skills
11. Fear Can Destroy
12. FEAR CAN BE DESTRUCTIVE, CAN BE OUT OF HAND, DESTROY OUR LIFE & POISON PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS Nuclear War Fears IMPRISION and KEEP US FROM forward movement in the road to MATURITY HAPPINNESSCrime TRUE LOVE
13. Youthful Fears
14. Parents are responsible for providing a secure environment for their children. No matter how good job parents do, young people inevitably experience fear.
15. CHILDREN TEENSIMPORTANT ISSUE DEPENDENCE INDEPENDENCECOMMON FEARS Monsters Career choices Wild animals and insects Personal appearance Ghosts Death Police Loss of a friend Relative Jesus/ SaintsSIMILAR FEARS Abandonment , death of parent, getting a bad report card, seeing parents argue, street violence, crime, drugs & natural calamitiesFEAR MOST Being humiliated To be popular & accepted ( self-image and sense of guilt ) ( fear of not doing the things that others are doing because you are afraid they won’t like you )PARENT EXPRESSION Fear may be disguised & will take Teens may push you away but patience to uncover that doesn’t mean they no longer need you. “BE THERE” for them. Parents can give advice AFTER they’ve LISTENED & really KNOW what’s really troubling a child.
16. Facing Up To Fear
17. Prophet JeremiahGod doesn’t ask us to come to Him perfect and without fear. He works with us, fears and all, like “clay in the hand of the potter” Jeremiah 18:6
18. RELATED to the word courage is ENCOURAGE, meaning to hearten or put heart into. LOOK to GOD to give your heart and you will be able to MEET FEAR with DIVINE ASSURANCE.
19. .IN THE WORLD YOU HAVE TRIBULATION; BUT BE OF GOOD CHEER, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD
20. Banishing Fear
21. Denial Of Peter During Christ’s TrialPUT YOURSELF AT THE SERVICE OF OTHERS. TRANSFORMED BY THE POWER OF GOD, PETER BECAME THE LEADER OF THE EARLY CHURCH AND LATER EMBRACED THE CRUCIFIXION HE ONCE DREADED.
22. OTHER RESOURCES1. Turn to prayer 5. Act decisively 6. Talk through2. Try controlling the your fear fear (relaxation techniques)3. Meet the fear head 7. Join a support on group4. Build your 8. Seek confidence professional help
23. PERFECT LOVECASTS OUT FEAR 4: 18
24. • Fear is the enemy of happiness.• It can make us: • suspicious, self-centered, • immobile and full of self-pity.• In this way, we are put in hell little by little. But we were made for heaven and there is always grace.• God’s love is bigger than all our fears.• Trust in God and take heart.
25. Psalm 27:1
26. Do not fear what may happen tomorrow.The same loving Father who cares for you today, will care for your tomorrow and everyday.Either He will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.Be at peace, then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings. St. Francis de Sales