Photojournalism is Not Dead
What is a photographer?
• A person who takes photographs using a camera.
• A professional photographer uses photography to
earn money whilst amateur photographers take
photographs for pleasure and to record an event,
emotion, place or person.
• Are you a photographer?
What is photojournalism?
• Art or practice of communicating news by
• Newspapers, magazines, websites, weeklies,
Is photojournalism really dead?
• It’s evolving
• New technology
• New ways of advertising skills and
• Promising future
Portfolio? What’s that?
• Book with thought provoking, well
• Critiqued by art directors and creative
• Make sure images have captions