• How the natural env. influences people, how
activities affect Earth, and how the world is
• There are 5 big themes to geography:
• Absolute: where something is on a map in
relation to a grid or coordinate system
• Relative: to locate a place compared to other
• Latitude: horizontal lines • Longitude: vertical lines
on the map that give on the map that give
location on the earth location on the earth East
North / South of the / West of the Prime
• Answers the question: What is it like there?
• Every place has features that make it unique
from other places…
• Human features:
what people put on
• Physical features:
• How does mankind reacts to its surroundings?
We depend on the environment for life.
We modify nature.
We adapt to nature.
• What do we share?
• Movement of an object moves from one
absolute location to another.
• 3 different types of movement:
• Area of land with one or more common
• Relative locations brought together by…