View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
How can a system create the essential
conditions for fostering a digital-age learning
culture that is relevant, engaging and
connected to the real-world.
How do you inspire, lead and drive staff and
students to work collaboratively creating and
sustaining a digital-age learning culture.
- The importance of Board Provisioned tools as
the pathway to systemic change
- Tower of Babel
- Authentic, relevant, familiar, and potentially
transferable in future contexts
- Lurking, Exemplars, and Collegial Coaching
HWDSB Google Domain
- Not about control
- Easier access, gradual on-ramp
- A board logo can be the salve to the luddite
Creating Essential Learning Conditions
Once the space
can be more
Building a Collaborative Learning Culture
● learn alongside - LEARNING FIRST
● equip them - GIVE THEM TECH
● no opt out - ENGAGE EVERYBODY
● pick one - Google Docs focus
● f2f learning sessions
● informal 1:1 sessions
● let them play - tinker continuous learning mode
● personal check-ins different points of entry
● celebrate the fun
● give them time & space, it's hard work - empathy
● stay the course & respond to resistance
● integrate in meaningful ways - real-life problem-solving that
make a difference in the learning
● learn first, lead second - learner, coach & leader
Questions matter more than answers!
WWhat questions do you have?
Consider these questions:
Does the physical setting of your school reflect a participatory,
creative, connected, information-rich culture?
ENGAGING & EFFICIENT
Are your learning spaces instrumented?
Do you leverage instrumented pockets and backpacks?
Does your staff use social networking tools?
Does your staff create and produce every time you meet?
FLOW & INNOVATION IN FOCUSSED WAYS
Creating a culture of continuous
learning and growth
● passionate practice
● hard work
Teaching a growth mindset creates motivation
Carol Dewct, Mindset