The Children's School: 100th day of school presentation (created by our 6th Grade students)
1.Poetic devices: idioms, alliteration, onomatopoeia, simile,
metaphor, and personification.
2. In math, we learned how to multiply, divide, subtract,
and add fractions.
3.Cave man Artifacts Spears, Clubs, Bows, Arrows, And
4. Energizers are our daily science questions we have to
answer at the beginning of science class.
5. In Humanities we studied the aspects of suspense and horror short story writing
6. We also got to experience what it was like to be a scribe in Ancient Egypt
7. In math we learned about estimating fractions, percents, and decimals of numbers.
8. In science we learned about earthquakes and what to do during one.
9. Currently in Science we are learning how to use probes for our ecosystem
project and how biotic factors such as plants an animals effect them.
10.The Giver- In English we were assigned to read one out of 3 books and
some people choose The Giver.
11. This year we have a big chapter test that has all of our concepts checks
on that chapter combined.
12.Halloween and Thanksgiving- In History we learned the history of
Halloween and Thanksgiving.
13. We learned proper structure of paragraphs.
14. In science every Friday, we each take a turn to
lead a discussion on a science current event of
15. In humanities we read and performed the Epic
16. In math we learned what a ratio is and how to
solve for one.
17. Every day we do warm-ups in Humanities. Some of them are puzzles you solve with your
table and other are topics you write about. Sometimes we have debates on these topics.
18. In humanites we have done a lot of cooking, one of them was the Persian cooking.
19. In science we tested the 3 different biomes in africa to see what plant grew the best between
poppy seeds, beans and grass seed.
20. In math we learned how to use PEMDAS to help solve equations.
21. In humanities, we read “The Tell Tale Heart”
22. In science, we made biome brochures for the the six
land biomes and two aquatic biomes.
23. We learned about Martin Luther King Jr and the
civil rights movement.
24. In math, we studied area and perimeter to
complete our map of TCS.
25. In math, we learned how to find patterns to make rules for a
set of numbers.
26. studied egyptian hieroglyphics Like how to write in hieroglyphics.
27.learned about the revolution in ukraineIn a CNN student news video.
28. In science, we learned about earths layers – core, mantle,
We researched about them and made models.
29. We read the short story “The Necklace”
30. We learned about the Ring of Fire and
locations of volcanoes and earthquakes around
31. We learn about how the Egyptians
mummified the dead.
32. We played Triangle Trivia in math/science to
help us review before we take a test.
33. We work on proper punctuation and when to use it
34. We did a recreation of a cave man environment.
35. Learned about the difference between a abiotic and
biotic factor in a ecosystem.
36. We learned the difference between greatest common
factor and least common multiple
37.We learned about mountain formation and the
different types of mountains
38.We wrote progressive stories
39.We learned about the Ins and outs of being a ruler
40.We learned how to cross multiply when solving for a
variable using ratios.
41. We learned about the 42 Egyptian commandments
42. We learned the difference between independent and
dependent variables in a science experiment.
43. We learned about pyramids and how they were used
as burial chambers
44. We learned about irrigation canals and early
45. One of the first horror story's was called
the raven written by Edgar Alan Poe
46. In math/science class we measured and
then drew a scale map of TCS
47. The Egyptian religion consisted of over
48. We used our knowledge of scale models
to make 3D to scale models of Egyptian
49. IN English we have read a September and December reading
books and to complete a mini project about them
50. In science, we learned about tectonic plates boundaries and
faults and created a plate puzzle to depict it.
51. In humanities we learned about current world news
Through the knowledge of the news
52. In math we have concept checks (quizzes) every Friday to
demonstrate our mastery of learning.
53. We read the Westing games in English
54. In science, we learned about the different plates that
make up the Earth and how/why they move. ence
55. We made a 3D map of the Nile river in Humanities
56. We learned about how and why you can multiply across
when multiplying fractions in math
57. In science we learned about the different components of writing a scientific lab
58. In our humanities class we read the book “The Golden Goblet “ for our Egyptian
59. In science we also learned how to make a proper Keynote/PowerPoint presentation
which we used while presenting our Puzzling Plates Presentations.
60. In math we learned how to solve for equation with a variable using proportions.
61: we wrote reviews on
62: In science, we
learned that there are 3
types of volcanoes
(cinder cone shield
63:we made 3d maps of
64: We learned how to
convert metric units
using the acronym kids
have dogs but dogs cost
65. We learned how to convert
customary units using a system we
called “Kingdom of Gallon”
66. We learned about California’s
geology during a unit about the
67. We learned about Nelson
68. We wrote short stories using the
elements of suspense and mystery
69. We read “The Ransom Of The Red Chief”
70. We learned about a pH scale and how it can
effect organisms in a ecosystem
71. We learned about the transition between
hunters and gatherers to early civilization
72. We learned about prime factorization and what
makes a number prime or composite.
73. we read“The Invasion from Outer Space”- with a lot controversy... 6J
mainly hated it, and 6T mainly liked it
74. In science, we learned that dichotomous keys are a fun way of
identifying an unknown species
75. we memorized and performed a speech about an Ancient Egyptian God
76. We learned about absolute value in math (the distance between a +/number to zero)
77.We learned the parts of speech “noun”, “pronouns”, “adjectives”, “adverbs”,
“verbs”, “subjects”, and “predicates”.
78.We learned how to design an experiment using the Experimental Design
79.We read “Every Bone Tells a Story” and did a multi component project
80.We learned about squares, square roots and exponents in math.
81. read “The Breadwinner”
82. We learned how to make scales for 2D and 3D objects
83. studied the Physical differences between early hominids and modern
84. We learned how to convert between fractions, decimals, and percents.
85.We made movie posters to go along with or group December reading
86. In science, we created and performed presentations and a 3D model
to go with our puzzling plates project
87.We learned how to survive like Caveman
88.We played Sink Yer Mate (similar to Battleship) using coordinates
89. We read and rewrote the 3 little pigs
90. Researched natural disasters (i.e. earthquakes, tsunamis, etc)
that have occurred in history.
91. We made cave paintings underneath our desks
92. We learned about
percent's less than 1
and bigger than 100
97. In math we learned how to simplify fractions.
98. In history we learned about the Hammurabi Code, which
was the ancient Babylonian law.
99. In science we did two lab reports, which are basically large
summaries of how experiments went.
100. Justin looks 20 years younger without his beard.