Pt 1: We all know the power of a peer set in influencing opinions, interests and purchases of consumers. As the trust in big brands continues to decline, showing the authentic sentiment and action of people ‘like me’ will greatly influence the perception
Socialmedia d rv3.1
Newly Released Study
Demonstrates Brand Lift and CTR
Increase when Display Ads are
What does this mean for you?
Most ads are ignored or irrelevant—
This can be changed quickly and easily!
• Add relevancy by connecting the audience to
something unique, relevant, and immediate within
their social grid.
• Add the novelty of real-time information to draw the
audience in to the “message” of the ad.
• Improve ANY existing display add with a “bolt-on”
enhancement that increases its appeal and relevancy.
Improve the performance of any campaign in less than
24 yours, without doing any work yourself.
• A proprietary social ad product that lifts CTR by 100-
• A proprietary social ad product that delivers positive peer
influence by converting standard ads into dynamic, user-
targeted social endorsements.
• A proprietary social ad product that “bolts-on” to your
current creative-- regardless of the ad unit, the media
placement, or your current ad serving or ad targeting
You change NOTHING in how you run, traffic, or measure.
the easy solution to “socializing” ads
• Consumers are compelled by the endorsements and actions of their
• Advertisers can NOW deliver customized social endorsements directly
through ads, in real time.
• Social Momentum ads dynamically display the optimal community data to
elicit the desired user action.
In a series of A/B tests with leading brands and publishers; the Social
Momentum product dramatically boosted performance.
– CTR: additional consumers to landing page
– Branding: higher ad engagement, time spent within ad
How it works
• Relevant social data is automatically layered on top of your existing
• The relevant social data will create peer influence and community
endorsement that will increase performance
• The data is updated in real time, and is relevant to the audience to
which it is shown (different ads shown to different communities)
• Each message is optimized by selecting from a series of communities to which
the consumer belongs and by sharing the consumer actions that display a
community’s endorsement for the product.
• The social data can be chosen based on each individual’s dynamic profile-- such as
location, contextual affinity and demographic targeting.
• The consumer actions can come from user engagement with the ad, data from the
advertiser or data from other portions of the campaign.
Recent Case Studies
performance by up to
performance to 80%
performance to 300%
Case Study: Harrah’s Hotel and
Advertiser: Harrahs Publisher: Valueclick Network
Date: June – August 2010 Budget: $30K Impressions: 6.0 million
Results: Initial impressions showed that the non-gender specific message of “People in US”
performed 130% higher than the message targeted to males and 50% higher than the
message targeted to females. Campaign was optimized toward “People in US” creative
and overall campaign performance increased 150% to a CTR of 0.25%.
• Pairing traditional creative with the Social
Momentum ad-enhancement unit resulted in CTR
boosts of 300-800%.
• Success spans multiple categories, various targets
and placements ranging from premium to remnant
• Brand Recognition and Preference was lifted as a
result of “socializing” the display ads to add a degree
of relevancy to each recipient
The Offer (you can’t refuse)
• Test campaign:
– 10M minimum impressions
– A/B testing on creative and placement
– Sharing of any back end conversion metrics for
If there is not a minimum of a 100%
improvement in CTR over the
control ad, you pay NOTHING.
• SocialMedia.com conducted an internal study to
benchmark Social Momentum performance.
• Worked with 6 different advertisers to lift CTR of the
following control ads.
• Paired self-optimizing Social Momentum ads with
control ads to test a virtually unlimited number of
Internal Overlay Benchmark
• Trafficked control and overlay pairs on hundreds of
sites via Google Ad Exchange 2.0
Each statistic represents a progressive optimization in the ad’s visual representation and/or
content classification, resulting in a new generation of tests.
90% confidence interval used to determine generational successors