1. E-Rate<br />The Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund<br />
2. The Schools and Libraries Program supports connectivity<br />Provides discounts to assist most schools and libraries in the United States to obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access <br />
3. 11 Steps for School and Library Applicants<br />Step 1Determine Eligibility<br />Step 2 Develop a Technology Plan<br />Step 3Open a Competitive Bidding Process<br />Step 4Select a Service Provider<br />Step 5Calculate the Discount Level<br />
4. 11 steps cont. <br />Step 6Determine Your Eligible Services<br />Step 7Submit Your Application for Program Support<br />Step 8Undergo Application Review<br />Step 9Receive Your Funding Decision<br />Step 10Begin Receipt of Services<br />Step 11Invoice USAC <br />
5. GCM TechnologyPlan<br /><ul><li>Increase technology proficiency for students.
6. Increase technology proficiency for teachers.
7. Increase technology proficiency for administrators.
8. Increase utilization of current instructional technology</li></li></ul><li>GCM Technology objectives<br />Increase the number of students in advanced computer classes at each High School and the Stuart Career Center by 5%.<br />
9. GCM technology objectives continued<br />
10. GCM objectives continued<br /> Provide administrators with Tier I & II technology trainings afterschool. Within 2 years have every administrator trained and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. <br />