- Webinar – Short for “Web Seminar”, typically one-way, conference type communication
- Skype – started as person-to-person calling service via the Internet, but has now extended to businesses
- Inexpensive Skype to Phone/Mobile Calling (1.2-1.4 cents/minute)
- Screen Sharing – Presentations, Photos
- Call transfer to anyone on Skype
- Instant Messaging to anyone on Skype
- Maxim is an international engineering company
- Mission – Deliver innovative analog and mixed-signal engineering solutions that add value to customers' products
- Serves approximately 35,000 customers worldwide
- Worldwide Locations in America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- More than 2,000 employees in 70 offices worldwide.
- Uses: Video/Voice Calls, Conference Calls, and Instant Messaging.
- Saved the company $200,000 in their first year using Skype.
- Easy to use for both organizations and clients
- Internal Communication throughout International orgs
- Communication with distant clients
- Communication via mobile through Skype
- All communicators must have downloaded Skype to their computer to be free
- Company must be equipped with web-cameras
- Misuse by other companies.