2. Objective : <br />To observe which networking sites Bruneians prefer as means of communication. <br />
3. Popular Networking sites in Brunei Darussalam<br />
4. Methods of Research <br />. Online : E-mail and Facebook<br />. In – Person Survey : Workplace<br />. Mass Survey : Outside UBD<br />. Target : 100 PEOPLE <br />
5. Sample Survey<br />1 ) The following questions are related to your use of various networking sites.<br />Gender: Male Female<br /> <br />2 ) Age: 16-20 21-25 26-30 31-35 35-40 41 and above<br /> <br />3) Which social networking site do you prefer?BlogspotFacebook MSN Messenger Twitter<br /> <br />4 ) The duration you spend on your preferred networking site? 1 – 3 hours 3 – 5 hours 5 – 7 hours 7 hours and more<br /> <br />5 ) From the number 1 – 4, rank these social networking sites in order of your preference (1 being the most preferred, and 4 being the least preferred):__ Blogspot __ Facebook__ MSN Messenger __ Twitter<br />Thank you for your time… <br />
6. POPULARITY OF NETWORKING SITES <br />Without looking at the figures, from the pie chart we can see that MSN Messenger is the most used social networking tool , while Facebook comes second. Twitter comes third in popularity while Blogspot has the least users. <br />
7. Male Vs Female on networking sites<br />From this pictogram, it is apparent that there are more female using social networking sites instead of male. <br />Most popular networking sites among female is MSN while the male prefers Facebook. <br />It seems that female prefer MSN because they could interact with their friends or people on a personal basis.<br />While the male prefers Facebook to connect with new people. <br />
8. From this bar group, we can interpret that most networking site users are people between the age group of 16 – 20 years old. Presumably they are mainly students who uses the sites to connect with their classmates and friends. It also appeals to the age group of 31 – 35 who could probably be working professionals . <br />
9. Duration of hours spend on Networking sites daily <br />From this line graph, more people spend 3- 5 hours on Facebook and MSN as it gives instant responses. Whereby for Twitter, people spends 7 – 9 hours as methods of interaction with others are through status updates. Similarly, people spend more time on Blogspot also because there are more contents to read and write. It also takes time to update and to read other blogs. <br />
10. CONCLUSIONS<br /><ul><li>From this research, we conclude the most preferred networking tool in Brunei is MSN.
11. Bruneian females seem to utilize social networking tools more than male.
12. Social networking sites appeal to younger people like 16 – 20 year olds who mostly comprise of students.
13. Mainly the number of hours spend on networking sites are 3 – 5 hours. People spend chatting on MSN and interacting on Facebook. </li>