3. Brief introduction IKEA (Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd) Founder ： Ingvar Kamprad （ when 17 years old) Founded: Älmhult, Småland, Sweden (1943) Headquarter: Leiden, Netherlands Type ： Private Genre ： Retail (Specialty)
4. Brief introduction Products :Self-assembly furniture household appliances home accessories Net income: € 2.7 billion (2010) Employees:127,000 (2010) Website: IKEA.COM
5. Distribution Until October 2010, the chain has 313 stores in 38 countries, most of them in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. The IKEA Group itself owns 276 stores in 25 countries and the other 37 stores are owned and run by franchisees outside the IKEA Group in 16 countries/territories.
7. Corporate structure for-profit corporation -------INGKA HoldingTwo-level-structure not-for-profit corporation ----------INGKA Foundation €45 million in 2010 Charitable Giving world’s largest charitable organization: net worth of $36 billion promote “innovations in architecture and interior design.”
8. Products Furniture : Designed to be assembled by the consumer rather than being sold pre-assembled Houses, flats Expanded the product base to include flat-pack houses Family Mobile : Main article: IKEA Family Mobile Manufacturing : With suppliers in 50 countries, roughly 2/3 of purchasing is from Europe with about 1/3 from Asia.
10. Awards 2004 and 2005 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers by Working Mothers magazine. 2006 Ranking 96 in Fortune‘s 100 Best Companies to Work For October 2008 Named one of “Canada‘s Top 100 Employers” by Mediacorp Canada Inc. Featured in Macleans newsmagazine
11. Marketing IKEA publishes an annual catalogue First published in Swedish in 1951 Now published in 55 editions, in 27 languages for 36 countries Considered to be the main marketing tool of the retail giant, consuming 70% of the companys annual marketing budget
12. Future plan Running on 100 percent renewable energy. ---On February 17, 2011, IKEA announced the plans for a wind farm in Dalarna County, Sweden Position IKEA as the leader in the home furnishings market. Deliver a very aggressive sales target (the number is confidential). Provide a strong sense of connection between IKEA and the local community. --- Effectively communicate IKEAs personality (fun, empathetic, intelligent) and its product range (quality home furnishings for the entire home).