9. Keystone: Unified Auth Dashboard: Der Blinkenlights
10. The project clearly needs logos
12. some numbers: Nova 79,372 lines of code 19,877 comments 19,941 blanks ~145 contributors 30 Day Commit Activity 42 committers made 731 commits 323 files modified 281658 lines added
13. some numbers: Swift 34,784 lines of code 6,790 comments 5,015 blanks ~36 contributors 30 Day Commit Activity 7 committers made 30 commits 21 files modified 748 lines added 183 lines removed
14. some numbers: Glance A few minutes of ‘wc –l’ and ‘git log’ ~20 contributors About half the size of Swift but about twice as active No Ohloh
15. some numbers: Dashboard 16,821 lines of code 2,023 comments 3,606 blanks ~26 contributors 30 Day Commit Activity 11committers made 91commits 338 files modified 50421 lines added 35569 lines removed
16. some numbers: Keystone A few minutes of ‘wc –l’ and ‘git log’ ~20 contributorsAbout half the same size Swift but about twice as active No Ohloh
17. Diablo The devil is in the details~2x more code than Cactus
18. It’s a frameworkChoose your own adventure…
19. could easily spend an hour on each service architecture functionality configuration API deployment development use cases
20. wager most people are interested in… Nova
22. stack.sh: shell scripted source install quickest path to running code that is accessible to change see everything that gets installed and configurednova services, glance, keystone, dashboard and munin runs all the services in named screen sessions Are you down with RCB?
23. so you really want to build a cloud?
24. We writesthe codeswe hates the servers
26. cool story, bro
27. Dirty Little Secret can’t be clouds all the way down...
28. Someone has to make it work... It puts the scalability inthe basket or it gets the hose again...
29. doing it wrongseriously, just say no
30. the secret sauce: ‘there is no secret sauce’Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere. -- Morihei Ueshiba
31. PerformanceCost FailureCompromise?
32. Networking how does it work? soooo many choices
33. Storagehard problem
34. He who hath ears to hear… let him hear...
35. Bare MetalProvisioning
38. you have to solve this both in and out of the cloudmight as well leverage the community No?http://puppetlabs.com/ http://www.opscode.com/
39. 6 Laws Of Reliability Isolation Concurrency Failure Detection Fault Identification Live Upgrade Stable Storage Joe Armstrong
40. 6 Laws Of Reliability Isolation Concurrency BYO Failure Detection Fault Identification Live Upgrade Stable Storage Joe Armstrong