A study coach who actively
searches for students who are
facing problems during their study
and helps them to catch up.
.. to prepare students well enough
so they finish their study with good
results and will find a nice and
satisfactory job after their study.
.. developing organizational skills
during their study will also help when
searching or applying for a job and in
their professional life.
Activate network of students to help them gain the
right set of skills and experience
2. Disruptive idea
Integrate creating experience and skills in every study,
as a standard part
Create an online community where students can find
information, experts and help to gain skills and
Favorite idea: 2 prototypes
1. Online community study coach Sarah
Community from study coach Sarah for all students
who need information or help with the transition
school to work. Sarah helps you to plan and
structure your transition process.
2. Interactive forum
From students, for students. Interactive forum where
you can ask others for information about the
transition. Or you can answer questions if you
know the answer and want to help others.
Ask an expert:Ask an expert:
companies, graduates,companies, graduates,
teachers, trainers etc.teachers, trainers etc.
Slider with 3 actual topics
Meet the study
Home Ask questionsAbout jobsAbout learning
Ask Sarah, yourAsk Sarah, your
online study coachonline study coach
Everything you need toEverything you need to
know about jobs,know about jobs,
companies & workingcompanies & working
Meet up and find yourMeet up and find your
own buddyown buddy
in your area!in your area!
Prototype 1: study coach Sarah
Slider with 3 actual topicsSlider with 3 actual topics
• Personal approach by the study coach Sarah
• Website is evidently for practical use
• Strength of website is depth and not a wide
What could be improved?
• Content is very broad in subjects, perhaps a
focus in a specific topic is easier
For example: focus on top 3 issues students
• Give a brief explanation of the website: for
who & what can you find?
• Instead of ‘ask questions’, let Sarah offer a
specific product. For example ‘a plan in 3
steps to get your first job’
• Think about communication website to?
• Make the website more specific for one field
of expertise or study
• Make a more personal approach possible: F2F
for students who need personal counseling
• Let teachers inform students with problems
about the website
• Solve problems with F2F solutions (20% of
• Use social media on the website
• What do you ask the study coach and what do
you ask the other experts?
Answer: study coach is the process manager
(transition process) and the other experts can
give information in their area of expertise
• What is the target group? A specific group or
every student or starter?
• What is Sarah’s role? Is she a process
manager for the transition school to work?
study coach Sarah
Logo study coach
HomeHome BlogsBlogsNewest postsNewest postsThemesThemes
How to find a good online course
Companies that offer good internships
Which skills are necessary at a office job
Answers to all your questions about finding a job
Welcome to the online study coach community!
• Answers to all your questions about finding a job
• Interactive network with XX experts
• Share your knowledge and become an expert
BlogsBlogsJoin our newsletter
Prototype 2: forum by and for interested people
• Cases from 3 persons are very appealing
• The blogs from 3 ‘experts’ give a glance into
• Forum is for 1 specific school and their
students, as an extra service
• Easy to set up
What could be improved?
• Make the title of three cases more personal,
for example: Mary found her job in 3 days
• Put the ‘newest posts’ not in the header
• Put more focus on signing up and build your
• Lay out is not very appealing for students,
forum should have an attractive lay out
• Maybe it is a good idea to also let alumni or
employees from companies join to answer
• Improve the header (is a very general line) so
that it is more appealing to the target group
• A good content moderator can be of value
• Collect the good ideas and publish them on
school website of discuss in class
• What is the target group? Students at the end
of their study? Starters?
• How does the site work?
• Is there a chance that students don’t feel save
in asking questions to other students (even
• How do you guarantee anonymity or private
Forum by students
Reflection & progress
Learned by testing prototypes
Thinking from a different perspective
Talking to someone brings new ideas
Talking to others can be inspiring
Very helpful for optimizing
What to do next if the project was continued
Adjust the prototypes according to feedback and new ideas
Let a designer create a ‘professional’ prototype
Complete the prototypes with a clear description/plan (goals, results,
target groups, communication etc.)
Ask feedback from management/study coaches of several schools
Adjust the concept & prototypes according to second feedback
Try to sell the concept to schools