1. VloggingHow rapidly is online videoviewership expanding? “Online video revolution” Lisa Mattson, Videographer http://blog.jordanwinery.com “Understanding your brand” Andrea Robinson, Master Sommelier, Author and Host www.andreawine.com “Elements of production quality” Christian Oggenfuss, Founder and Host www.vintuba.com June 26, 2010
2. Web video statistics? Less than a month after its fifth birthday, YouTube has announced that it has exceeded two billion video views per day (Mashable.com 5/10) In one week in January 2009, 97 million Americans viewed a streaming clip online - - as many as are tuning into any major broadcast network -- according to a recent survey of 1,000 U.S. active Web users ages 16-65. Cisco Systems has predicted that Internet networking traffic will quadruple between 2009 and 2014, claiming online video will be the primary driver of that growth (Mashable.com 6/10) Online video is the fastest-growing media platform in history, having gone from zero to mass market globally in three short years (Media Post 5/09) The U.S. online video audience is expected to grow to 190 million people by 2012 (eMarketer 4/10) 147.5 million people (66.7% of all internet users) are watching online videos 193.1 million people (77.9% of internet users) are expected to watch online video by 2014 Total video streams for November 2009 were up 17 percent year-over-year in the U.S. (per Nielsen 12/09) There were 138.4 million unique viewers of online video that month They watched 11.2 billion video streams or about 81 streams per viewer Viewers spent 200 minutes per viewer (on average) watching online video
3. Trend drivers Google SearchHow have Top search sites listed higher in results and thus get the traffic,behaviors including Google-owned YouTube Social Mediachanged? Video tabs on Facebook, video uploads in news feeds TwitVid application for iPhone for mobile video tweets Smart Phones iPhone 4G video streaming and editing On demand everything / real-time publishing / mobile uploading Everyone is a journalist / everyone has a voice Traditional Media Adoption; integration of streaming video to coverage Channels on Youtube / YouTube Direct for citizen video reports Technology Advancements Improved streaming video speed High-definition adoption Better, cheaper, smaller camera equipment
4. 1950-2010:Evolution orRevolution?
5. Communication: Evolution or Revolution?
6. Power to the people Self publication onlineHow has We are no longer just consumers of media!technology Every individual now has a voice, so media gatekeepers have competition as the primary resource for consumerchanged education and entertainmentthe media Cost-effective, easy-to-use, attractive platforms for bloggers yielded the blogging revolutionconsume? YouTube and cost-effective, high-definition video equipment have started an online videography revolution Media fragmentation Continued expansion of media choices leaves less time for consumer consumption, and video is a quick, efficient, visually stimulating, entertaining choice You are competing with audience attention web pages, TV, TiVo, radio, smart phones, games, books, Kindles, magazines, etc. Tools that will help drive traffic and engage the audience have arrived Better, faster, cheaper is driving behavior Has the time arrived when a consumer is more likely to watch a two-minute video rather than read a two pages of text? Do images stimulate memory recall more quickly than text?
7. “If a picture is worth a 1,000 words,then a video is worth 300,000.” - Nadira A. Hira, Fortune Magazine Keynote speaker, Direct to Consumer Symposium 2010
8. Video marketing - $0-$5000 $0 YouTube Direct – new service that allows businesses to broadcast video captured by consumers Fliggo.com – create your own user-generated-content video site for free Video shooting training -- Google it / watch training videos on YouTube / benchmark against other wineries and luxury goods and/or epicurean companies $100 Flip Ultra video camera (USED) + Flip tripod (NEW) – available online at Amazon.com ($91.99 + $10.99 + tax/shipping) $250 #1 Flip MinoHD Camcorder 2nd Generation (NEW) + Flip tripod - available online at Amazon.com ($199 + $10.99 + tax/shipping) FlipShare editing software is fast and easy; files compatible with distribution channels Youtube, Facebook, etc. #2 iPhone 3GS ($199 + tax + monthly service fee) TwitVid application for mobile video uploads to Twitter (FREE) / Twitterific for mobile status updates to Twitter (FREE) Mobile uploads (video and photo) to Facebook winery page with Facebook app (FREE) (page must be a favorite page of phone owner) Monthly service fee for iPhone 3GS starting at $75 per month
9. Video marketing - $0-$5000 $500 Hire a consultant to ensure your video content is authentic, brand relevant and visually interesting – and distributed through the right channels (est. $100 per hour) Laura Levy http://www.thewinemagnet.com/About_Us.html Justin Whitaker http://www.jprolific.com/ $1,000 Movie editing software (iMovie for MAC or Windows Movie Maker for PC) Equipment upgrades Canon VIXIA HF200 HD Flash Memory Camcorder ($549 ++) or Sony HDR-CX100 AVCHD HD Camcorder ($379.99 ++) Canon Rebel T2i ($800) Manfrotto Tripod with separate fluid head ($200 - $600) Wireless or hard-wired microphones from BandHPhoto.com ($150 - $250) $2,500 Equipment upgrades Canon EOS 7D with body and lens ($1,899 + tax/shipping) – Note: movie editing software will be needed = studio editing time JuicedLink audio equipment designed for Canon 5D and 7D ($500) SanDisk Extreme iii memory card ($110) $5,000 Canon EOS 7D + quality tripod + fluid head + quality microphone + JuicedLink technology to remove noise + iPhone + Flip minoHD + SanDisk card + $1000 training Doesn’t include movie editing software (iMovie and Windows Movie Maker come standard) Doesn’t include the cost of TIME (editing, shooting) / or iPhone monthly service fees Hire a wine video expert to create a documentary for you ($5000) *B.Napa Studio doesn’t fall in this budget