Answer the following question:
How do you conduct research with your
What tools do you use to aide your student’s
Discuss your answer with your neighbor, be
prepared to share.
• Remembering, marking and sharing websites.
• Explore particular tools available in Diigo
• Join the C4 Group
• Spend some self-exploration time building
your diigo account.
• diigo = Digest of Internet Information,
Groups, and Other Stuff
• diigo is two services in one:
• it is a research and collaborative research
• a knowledge-sharing community and
social content site.
5 Reasons diigo is better
2. Save bookmarks, regardless of where you
are, or what browser you are using.
3. Comments that actually are worth it.
4. Send bookmarks to multiple locations
with one click
5. Keep your delicious account.
What is social bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is a method for
Internet users to organize, store, manage and
search for bookmarks of resources online.
Unlike ﬁle sharing, the resources themselves
aren't shared, merely bookmarks that
Install the Diigolet
Diigolet is a “super bookmarklet” that allows
you to highlight and add sticky-notes, in
addition to simple bookmarking.
The Firefox Plug-In
• Currently not ‘approved’ in District 279
• Request has been submitted to put into the
• Will email C participants when it is
available for download.
• Tools that use plug-in are indicated(*)
Indicate if private or unread
Add a description
Tag based on content
Finish by saving bookmark
What are bookmarking groups?
• Diigo Groups provides a collaborative
research and learning tool that allows any
group of people to pool their ﬁndings
through group bookmarks, highlights, sticky
notes, and forum.
• Can be part of professional groups and/or
Join the C Group 4
• Able to share resources with other
• Able to have a conversation about
Setting up a Class Group
• Visit http://www.diigo.com/education
• Request status of account to be upgraded
to an educators account.
• You will be given access to a teacher
• Utilize skills learned later this week to
collect student usernames.
How do we use this in our classroom?
• Generate a list of websites for students.
• Keep your resources in multiple locations,
as they are always on the web.
• Create student accounts to have controlled
Auto-posting to your blog
• enables you to post new annotated
bookmarks to your blog daily.
• Able to add multiple blogs.
How it is useful?
• Provide a quick brieﬁng, a simple
tutorial or guided tour on any subject.
• Can add music and/or voice narration.
1. Select the service
2. Import your account information
3. Check the account to make sure it is valid
After you set up- it will post to both.
Embedding tagrolls and
• Shows list of your most common tags.
• Display links that are tag(s) speciﬁc and/or
with your annotations only.
• When clicked readers will see your
annotations on the webpage.
How to embed
• Copy embed code and paste into your
blog, moodle, or any other web 2.0 that
• Similar to what is seen on
Site Communities and
• Aggregate users who annotate the same
website/tags and build meaningful reader
• Discover and connect with other readers
interested in the same site/tags.
• Located on the Moodle Course
• How could diigo be used in the
• How could teachers collaborate with
• How could cross curricular activities be
developed using diigo?
After the Fact