2. <ul><li>Monuments of prominent Polish </li></ul><ul><li>Monuments of famous Lublin’s inhabitans </li></ul><ul><li>Others monuments </li></ul>
4. Marie Curie- Skłodowska monument, a patron of University Is situated at the square of the same name, surrounded by the most impatient university buildings. The monument of Marie C-S. was designed by Marian Konieczny and it was uncared an 100 th birth anniversary of the scientist (1867-1934), who was strictly corrected with Lublin and nearby areas.
5. Jan Kochanowski M onument Situated In Narutowicza street, next to the church of the name of MB Zwycięskiej, designed by Franciszek Strynkiewicz, at the very beginning in 1931 erected in front of Trybunał Koronny to celebrate 400th birth anniversary of the poet. The monument was hidden by Polish patriots because Nazis wanted to destroy it . In 1951 it was extracted from the place where it was hidden and it was placed in the area where it stands now.
6. The monument of John Paul II and Stefan Wyszyński the Primate o f Millennium Situated in the courtyard of Catholic University in Lublin is dedicated to Two Great Poles related to Lublin and the University. The monument was made by an artist and a sculptor professor Jerzy Jaruszkiewicz.
7. Józef Piłsudski’s Monument Was made according to an did project coming from the times before II World War, which had been relisted because of the war. The monument wasn‘t erected until 2001 Józef Piłsudski used to stay in Lublin several times coming with his important missions.
9. Henryk Wieniawski monument Situated in front of Philharmonic in Lublin in Skłodowska street, designed by J. Pastwa, dedicated to Henryk Wieniawski, the great composer and violin virtuoso, who was born in Lublin at Rynek street 17 and famous through tat Europe and in the USA.
10. Józef Czechowicz monument Situated at the square of Józef Czechowicz’s name opposite Litewski Square. The granite monument was created by Tadeusz Skwarczyński to celebrate 30 th anniversary of poets death. Józef Czechowicz died exactly at this place on 9 September 1939 from German’s bomb.
12. The monument was erected to commemorate the battle between Polish and Austrian Soldiers in 1809r. At the beginning the monuments had cast– iron plate with an inspiration and emblem of an eagle and in 1857 at the top of a column there was placed a picture of st. Rozalia to commorate cholera epidemic which attacked the city in 1852. Józef Poniatowski’s uhlans monuments
13. At the beginning the obelisk was erected in the same place where it is now in 1656. It is supposed that it was founded by the Swedish to honour a colonel, who died in a fight against Paweł Jan Sapiecha’s soldiers in 1910 the monuments intentions were completely and there is a plate announcing that this monument is to commemorate the soldiers who died fighting against the Swedish in 1656. Paweł Sapiecha’s soldiers monument
14. Uncovered in 1962 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Lublin’s Ghetto liquidation and holocaust of its inhabitants in and death camps in Bełżec, Sobibor, Majdanek, Treblinka and others. The inscription on the monuments includes the port of poem by Izaak Krecemelson –“In every handful at ash I’m looking for my close relatives. Ghetto victim’s monument
15. Was erected in 1826 thanks to Stanisław Staszic’s effort. The cast– iron obelisk is decorated with caring presenting two people shacking hands. Its author– Paweł Maliński wanted to show in this symbolic gesture unity between Poland . Lublin’s Union Monument
16. Erected in the 1920, liquidated before the II World war, after 1945 it returned to its did place in side there is the sail from a few battle fields. Unknown Soldier’s Monument
17. Coming from 1916, liquidated in 1963 dunning the times when Stalin was ruling the Soviet Union , in 1981 restored on Litewski Square. The eagle was added at the top at the monument and it was made higher because of two –element pedestal which was added. All elements are made of sandstone. 3 May Constitution’s Monument
18. Created by Aleksandra Kloc kl. IIc Sources 1.Lubelski Ośrodek Informacji Turystycznej - http://www.loit.lublin.pl 2.Lubelskie pomniki -http://rilian.republika.pl/lublin/index.htm 3. My photographs