RENCANA PELAKSANAAN PEMBELAJARAN
1. IDENTITAS MATA PELAJARAN
a. Nama Sekolah : MTs Aswaja Tengaran
b. Kelas : VIII (Delapan) B
c. Semester : I (Satu)
d. Pertemuan ke- :
e. Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris
f. Jumlah Pertemuan : 2 kali pertemuan (4x40 menit)
2. STANDAR KOMPETENSI
5. Memahami makna teks tulis fungsional dan essai pendek sederhana berbenruk
descriptive dan recount yang berkaitan dengan lingkungan.
3. KOMPETENSI DASAR
5.1 Membaca nyaring dan bermakna teks tulis fungsional dan essai berbentuk descriptive
dan recount pendek dan sederhana dengan ucapan, tekanan dan intonasi yang berterima
yang berkaitan dengan lingkungan sekitar.
4. INDIKATOR PENCAPAIAN KOMPETENSI
- Membaca dengan nyaring dan bermakna teks fungsional pendek
- Mengidentifikasi berbagai informasi dalam teks fungsional pendek
5. TUJUAN PEMBELAJARAN
- Siswa dapat melafalkan kata, frasa dan kalimat dengan baik dan benar
- Siswa dapat melafalkan kata, frasa dan kalimat dengan intonasi yang benar
- Siswa mampu membaca dan mengidentifikasi teks/soal yang diberikan
6. MATERI AJAR
Characteristic of Recount Text
- A recount text is a text that telling the reader about a story, action, or activity. Its goal
is entertaining or informing the reader.
- Orientation, tells who was involved what happen where the events took place and
when it happened.
Example: Last night, I read an article about adolescence in a magazine.
- Events is tell what happened and in what sequence.
Example: After I finished reading the article, I remembered my own adolescence; to
divert my emotions, I took many extracurricular activities.
- Reorientation is consists of optional-closure of events/ending.
Example: I was able to control my emotions in positive ways. I could express my
creativity in positive ways.
- The features are including Who? Where? When? Why? Noun or pronoun and past
Read the text carefully
Last night, I read an article about adolescence in a magazine. I learned that it was time of change
between childhood and adulthood.
After I finished reading the article from the magazine, I remembered my own adolescence. I was
fourteen at that time. I felt very emotional about everything. But I tried to learn more about
myself. I tried to discover what I wanted to do, and what kind of people I wanted to be.
To divert my emotions, I took many extracurricular activities. I took piano lesson on Mondays.
On Tuesdays, I had extra sciences and math lessons. Fridays, it was my time to pay basketball
with my friends. Finally, I spent most of my weekends with my family.
I was able to control my emotions and to have a place where I could express my creativity in
Genre of Text: Recounts
- To give the audiences a description of what occurred and when it occurred.
- To retell events for the purpose of informing or entertaining.
- Event in time order
Grammar: W H Questions
- Who ate the apple?
- What made you cry?
- When did you see him?
- Where did you buy the book?
- Whom did you meet at the post office this morning?
Match the words in column A with their meaning in column B!
1. adolescence a. obtained, memorized
2. behavior b. to think hard
3. adolescent c. teenager
4. reliable d. distract, disturb
5. capable e. teens
6. concentrate f. skillful
7. learned g. obligation to do something
8. interest h. trustworthy
9. divert i. conduct, manner
10. responsibility j. attraction
I went shopping with my mother last week. We went to a mall in my city. We went there by a
taxi. After reaching the mall, we just straight went to the supermarket. We bought our daily
needs such as sugar, eggs, oil, soaps, shampoo, coffee, tea, and some fruits. We took them by
ourselves, and brought them to the cashier to pay them.
After shopping in the supermarket, we looked some dresses. They are new arrivals and their
models are so modern. Mother brought one for me. It was a long dress. Its color was pink. I
really liked it and I was so happy. Feeling tired because of shopping, we had lunch at a
restaurant. We ordered fried chicken, rice, and vegetables. For the drink, we ordered orange
juice. The food was so delicious.
We went home after eating. We went home by taxi. I was so happy because I could go shopping
with my mother. That’s my experiences shopping with my mother.
I usually woke up at eight o’clock a.m. and went to the Press Center to check the daily schedule
of briefings and press conferences. It was usually held by the United Nations or disaster
It was challenging to visit different refugee camps, to find soft stories, human interest stories.
After that, I went back to the Press Center to cover the press conferences of the day.
It was heart breaking when I saw these survivors fight for food and secondhand clothing.
Unfortunately as they said, the food and clothing were limited and inadequate. Emerging to
glaring, fool noun, it was time to go back to the Press Center to write stories and race against
time. I was always fearing that the internet would come crushing down.
After everything was done, only then I remembered to eat. Most times, I only ate once a day
because I always had to rush and again it was difficult to find food. I had to travel quite far. I
needed spend a 30 to 45 minutes by car just to find fresh food.
Search for the following words. They appear horizontally, vertically and diagonally.
L E A R N E D S R T I V O I C E
A D F U L D I N T E R E S T X E
D C H C H E E R F U L A B S L E
D H O H I C E V O R D I V E R T
L I K A T O O D E C Y W A B L E
E L P N S B V L N A A M O B D I
S D L G H N B D L P K M O P L S
C H B E H A V I O U R A D S T E
E O B C N P D M O U V I N I H T
N O E U O M A N H O O D S A Y S
C D N K T T R U S T W O R T H Y
E S E R T I C A P A B L E B E N
7. ALOKASI WAKTU
2 kali pertemuan (4x40 menit)
8. METODE PEMBELAJARAN
Total Physical Response
9. KEGIATAN PEMBELAJARAN
Kegiatan Awal (10’)
- Mengucapkan salam dengan ramah kepada siswa ketika memasuki ruang kelas dan
memulai pelajaran. (nilai yang diutamakan: santun dan peduli)
- Memeriksa kehadiran siswa. (nilai yang diutamakan: disiplin, rajin)
- Mengaitkan materi yang akan dipelajari dengan mengajak siswa untuk
menebak/memberikan jawaban atas petunjuk-petunjuk yang akan diberikan guru
Kegiatan Inti (60’)
- Memberikan stimulus berupa pemberian materi pertanyaan teks tindak tutur;
mengenai teks descriptive.
- Mendiskusikan materi bersama siswa.
- Siswa diminta membahas contoh soal pada materi yang diberikan
- Membiasakan siswa untuk membuat kalimat berkaitan dengan teks descriptive
- Memfasilitasi siswa dengan/melalui pemberian tugas mengerjakan soal yang ada pada
buku/materi yang diberikan
- Memberikan umpan balik pada siswa dengan member penguatan dalam bentuk lisan
pada siswa yang telah dapat menyelesaikan tugasnya
- Memfasilitasi siswa melalui refleksi untuk memperoleh pengalaman belajar yang
- Memberikan motivasi kepada siswa yang kurang bias dan belum bias mengikuti
tantang materi yang telah diberikan
Kegiatan Akhir (10’)
- Siswa diminta membuat rangkuman dari materi mengenai teks descriptive
- Siswa dan guru melakukan refleksi terhadap kegiatan yang sudah dilaksanakan
- Siswa diberikan tugas atau pekerjaan rumah (PR) berkaitan dengan materi mengenai
- Menyampaikan rencana pembelajaran pada pertemuan berikutnya
- English on Sky 1 for Junior High School Students Year VII (SMP/MTs)
- Lembar Kerja Siswa (LKS) SIMPATI untuk SMP/MTs
a. Instrument Penilaian
Jatim Park is located at Jl. Kartika 2 Batu, East Java. To reach rhe location is not too
difficult because the object is only 2,5 kilo metres from Batu city. This Jatim Park
tourism object is about 22 hectares width.
Visitors can enjoy at least 36 kinds of facilities which can attract them as well as give
new knowledge. Just after the pass gate, the visitors will find an interesting view of
‘Galesi Nusantara’ area. This study offering continues to step on ‘Taman Sejarah’ area,
which contains of miniature temple in East Java like Sumberawan Temple, custom house
of Kiai Hasan Besari Ponorogo and Sumberawan Statue.
The other facility which is able to be enjoyed is ‘Agro Park’ area. It presents crop and
rareness fruits, animal diorama which consists of unique animals that have been
conserved and supporting games like bowling, throw ball, scooter disco, etc. Jatim Park
is suitable for family and school recreation. The recreation area sites offer precious tour
and can be used as alternative media of study.
Answer the following questions!
1.Where is Jatim Park located?
2. How many facilities does Jatim Park have?
3. Where can be find the miniature Temple of Sumberawan?
4. What does Agro Park present?
5. For what do people use Jatim Park?
b. Pedoman Penilaian
Salatiga, 25 Agustus 2013
Guru Pamong Praktikan
Hafid Zaen Akhmad S.Pd.I Nur Ikhsan