Andrew Smith - Influencer Marketing in Search & PR
PR. Analytics. SEO.PR. Analytics. SEO.
Influencer marketing in search and PR
Andrew Bruce Smith
Search for: Andrew Bruce Smith
• Katz & Lazarsfeld (1940s)
• Two step theory of communication
• Malcolm Gladwell – The Tipping Point
• “The Law Of The Few”
• Keller & Berry – The Influentials - 2003
A brief history of influence
• Duncan Watts – 2003
• Milgram’s Six Degrees of Separation
The opposite view
• Can influence be reduced to a number?
• Has social media democratized influence?
The Cult Of The Influencer
A new view of influence
“Whether influential people can exercise influence at all
may depend entirely on the precise structure of
the network in which they find themselves,
something over which they have limited control.
As we have seen, some networks permit
wide-reaching cascades and others do not.”
Christakis and Fowler: Connected (2010)
• Will rely upon understanding both
individuals and networks of relationships –
both for search and PR
MajesticSEO: understand the value of the link graph