1. Optimize Android Build Offering for Linaro
○ Existing tools and the tools which the Engineering
teams wish to see.
○ Features & any improvements of TINY Android build
which Engineering teams want.
○ Different filesystem setup like NFS and support for
○ NDK type of a setup for Engineering teams.
2. Existing tools and the tools which the Engineering teams
wish to see
● App developer Centric
○ traceview, DS-5, monkeyrunner, hierarchyviewer,
● Kernel developers
○ busybox, toolbox, trace-cmd, ftrace, perf(?)
● QA tests
○ diskio, cyclictest, sysbench, Memtester, Stress,
Iozone, StressAppTest, CyclicTest
3. Existing tools and the tools which the Engineering teams
wish to see
Any wishlist ?
4. Tiny Android
● ~20 MB of filesystem
● toolbox, logcat, logwrapper, adb, debuggerd
● No GUI and java components.
● 8 MB of media files + ~6 MB of tts files.
● Can be utilized across all board with one change to
initrd w.r.t partitions.
5. Tiny Android
Add the desired tools. Make it a preferable
userspace for kernel developers.
6. Mini Android
● Boots to GUI
● Used for Early Development
● Includes most of the system components
7. Alternate filesystem/NFS
○ Can reduce the pain of formatting
○ Very handy when using network
○ Bonus to use with tiny android.
● Need to add support in l-a-m-c .
8. NDK type of setup for
● Native Development Kit allows apps to
include native code in the app for faster
■ 4.4.3 and 4.6 compilers.
■ Subset of system libraries needed
for building apps/porting.
9. NDK type of setup for
○ Need not have the whole android
source to build a package.
○ Reduce development and integration
efforts with test suite development.
○ Porting and using of small tools will be