BAIT2164 COMPUTER NETWORKS
Tutorial 6 (Part 1)
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of static routing.
2. What are the primary uses of static routing?
3. Briefly discuss the FOUR (4) types of static routes.
4. When do we use default static route in our network configuration?
5. Briefly explain the term recursive lookup.
6. Based on the network topology below, answer the following questions:
(a) On R1, write the command to configure a default static route using the
(b) On R1, write the command to configure a summary static route for
network 172.16.2.0/24 – 172.16.5.0/24 using the next hop IP address.
(c) On R2, write the command to configure a standard static route for
network 192.168.1.0/24 using the exit interface.
(d) On R2, write the command to configure a fully specified static route for
network 172.16.4.0/24 and 172.16.5.0/24.