An understanding and practical survey of Internet
Security applications, tools, security techniques,
protocols/standards and policy which can be
adopted in the security management.
• Provide an understanding in Internet security disciplines.
• Learn the differences aspects of security attacks, security
techniques, security protocols/standards and security
policy and management.
• Equip necessary Internet security development skills.
1. Apply the concept of OSI Security architecture,
security techniques, and security
2. Analyse security solutions available to overcome
security threats and attacks.
3. Incorporate suitable security applications/tools
into the security management and policy of
Network Security Essentials:
Applications and Standards