Why I am changing this image
• The main image of “Spike” is appropriate for the punk rock
magazine, however, the background doesn’t match this.
• The boats and the posh block of flats is not very representative of the
punk lifestyle as it is more middle class than lower class (punks are
seen as working class).
• In order to give a more stereotyped style of the punk scene, I will
experiment with a number of different backgrounds.
Sky Dragged Across Background
• I used photoshop to copy the sky onto the parts of the background
that I wanted to remove from my final image.
• I dislike this final edit because although from a distance it looks
normal, up close, you can tell it has been badly edited.
• Instead, I will try cutting “Spike” out of the image and placing him
against different backgrounds.
Spike Brick Wall Background
• I have experimented putting a brick wall background that I found on
the internet. This is more representative of punks as it is more urban
and shows city life, especially as the wall is worn indicating a rough
Spike Sky Background Final
• Using the transparent background image of “Spike”, I was able to
paste in a background from one of the other photos and place this
behind him. This will be the final background that I will use on my
contents page. It avoids the sight of middleclass areas and objects like
yachts and modern, well built housing estates which don’t reflect a