YOUR FINAL TASK A Glorious Past Locate the items found in the listin the appropriate section/s of ourlibrary. Provide the other neededinformation. Complete thestatements that follow the grid.Write your answers on a whole sheetof paper.
I looked I I located thefor… discovered… information in the…a unique non-Tagalog proverbinformation aboutthe indigenousgroup or regionwhere theproverb is froma news report orfeature articleaboutthe chosen groupor region
YOUR INITIAL TASKS• Task 1. Identifying Our Fellow Filipinos Brainstorm with a partner to determine who our fellow Filipinos are and where they reside in our country. Match items in columns A, B, and C then write your answers on a one-fourth sheet of paper.
Ethnic Group and Province RegionA. Maranaws in Lanao A. Western del Norte VisayasB. Ilongots in Cagayan B. Cagayan ValleyC. Negritos in Capiz C. Autonomous Region Of Muslim Mindanao
Task 2. Knowing Further Our Fellow Filipinos• Complete the chart below. Use a whole sheet of paper.
WHAT I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO KNOWWhat do you know about What else do you want tothe… know about them?Maranaws?Negritos?Ilongots?
Task 3. Our Unique People• Read quietly the short article below to locate information that will help you determine whether you will agree or disagree to the following statements.• You are given three minutes to identify the statements agree or disagree to.
1. The Filipinos are uniquely diversified.
2. The Filipinos are religious in nature.
3. The diversity of the Filipinos in culture, language, and religion is a hindrance to the country‘s unity and progress
4. The strength of the Filipino culture lies in the resiliency of its people who overcame the colonizers‘ oppressive rule.
5. Acceptance of differences in culture, belief, and language can only start with awareness.
Task 4. Loud and Clear!• Set A: Words[I] [i]bit uniquekinship eastbasic appearancearchipelago camaraderiePhilippines fifteen
Set B: Phrases• 1. a little bit of all the cultures• 2. spirit of kinship• 3. East meets West• 4. Chinese and Spanish• 5. people of the Philippines
Set C: Sentences• 1. The Filipino character is actually a little bit of all the cultures put together• 2. The bayanihan or spirit of kinship and camaraderie that Filipinos are famous for is said to be taken from Malay forefathers.
• 3. Each regional group is recognizable by distinct traits and dialects – the sturdy and frugal llocanos of the north, the industrious Tagalogs of the central plains, the carefree Visayans from the central islands and the colorful tribesmen and religious Moslems of Mindanao.
4. Some 80 percent of the population is Catholic, Spains lasting legacy
• 5. The history of American rule and contact with merchants and traders culminated in a unique blend of East and West, both in the appearance and culture of the people of the Filipinos.