Week2:online newsroom and changing audiences
What is the first thing you wake up? Brush teeth ? Do exercise? Drink your coffee?
Most of you may access the internet
- The number of Americans who said they read a newspaper “yesterday” has fallen by 40% since the 1990s—to 34%.
- The number of people who watched the nightly network newscasts yesterday has fallen even further—by half—to 29%.
- Regular readership of weekly news magazines is down to 12%.
Newspaper & Online media http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v =LRlKol4Usxw
- Traditional news &Online news
- Three characters of online news:
Game time Face book
- Question1: what dimensions are included in these pictures ?
- Question2: what dimensions are included in these pictures ?
- Question3: what dimensions are included in these pictures ?
- Personalization & Participation
- Participation: mobility connection
- Potter, D 2008, ' What is News', Handbook of Independent Journalism , US State Department, www.america.gov/st/democracyhrenglish/2008/April/20080416211618eaifas0.8870203.html
- Meikle, G 2009, Interpreting News , New York: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 170-195 (R)
- Key news audiences blend online and traditional sources, http://people-press.org/report/444/news-media