2. Do Not let that be theDeath of you.Your Friends can wait
3. Car crashes are the number one cause of teen deaths in the U.S.• Drivers between the ages of 16 and 19 are four times more likely to die in a crash than drivers between the ages of 25 and 69.• Teens have the highest chance of having a fatal crash within the first six months of getting their driver’s license.• 2,739 teenagers died in car accidents in the United States during 2008
4. • Teen drivers are 10 times more likely to be involved in a crash during their first year of driving. • Teen drivers with more than one teen passenger are twice as likely to be in an accident as a drunk driver.• 16-year-olds have more accidents than any other age group – including older teens. • Accidents caused by 15- to 17-year-old drivers caused $34 Billion in damage in the U.S. in 2006. • 20% of reported accidents involving teen drivers
5. 5,864 fatal accidents involved teen drivers in 2008. This number is higher than the previous one because the teen driver often has to live with the guilt of causing someone else’s death.• Teen drivers were involved in 12% of all fatal crashes reported to the police.• Males are twice as likely as females to be killed in a crash while they’re teenagers.• 37% of male drivers between the ages of 15 and 20 were speeding at the time of a fatal crash.• 55% of teens killed in car crashes weren’t using their seat belts.
6. seat belt use amongteens and youngadults (16 to 24years old) stood at80 percent in 2008 –the lowest of anyage group. In fact, in2009 the majority(56%) of youngpeople 16 to 20years old involved infatal crashes wereunbuckled
7. Top 25 Causes of Car Accidents 13. Improper Turns 14. Tailgating 15. Driving Under the Influence of Drugs 16. Ice 18. Road Rage 19. Potholes 20. Drowsy Driving8. Teenage Drivers 21. Tire Blowouts 22. Fog 23. Deadly Curves 24. Animal Crossings 25. Street Racing
8. “I was just texting “ok” and I wasn’t speeding that fast. Hey stopno, wait what are you doing? Can you hear me? Call my mom, tell herI’m sorry.Is that a white sheet? I know what that means don’t put that on myfriend, no wait, your coming for me… no I cant be. Where my friend?Is she alive? Please tell me….”