1. Technology in the classroomTechnology in the classroom
2. Technology in language
• The printing press – revolution
• INTERNET has reshaped nearly all
aspects of society.
• A computer and a telephone line
3. ICT (Information and
• CALL (Computer Assisted Language
• TELL (Technology Enhanced
4. Although the use of ICT by language
teachers is still not widespread, the use of
technology in the classroom is becoming
increasingly important, and it will become
a normal part of ELT practice in the
coming years. Why?
Internet access is becoming available for
Young learners are growing up with
technology (digital natives).
5. English is being used in technologically
Technology is offered with published
materials such as coursebooks and resource
books for teachers.
It offers new ways for practising language
and assessing performance.
It’s becoming increasingly mobile.
Using a range of ICT tools give learners
exposure to and practice in all of the four
main language skills.
6. Some negative comments from teachers
7. Final comment
Though technology provides a valuable
medium for helping bring classrooms
alive, successful results depend on
how this technology is used. In the end,
it is not the technology itself but the
teaching that makes the difference.