2. PROFILE PICTURE Size: 180 x 180 Will be scaled down to: 32 x 32
3. VIEWS AND APPS Tabs will be placed under the cover image. First one is always the photo tab, you can choose what the other three tabs will be Size tab icons: 111 x 74 pixels. You can upload a JPG, GIF or PNG ﬁle. If the image is larger than 111x74 pixels, it will be resized and converted. File size limit 5 MB.
3. VIEWS AND APPS The width of the tabs has expanded: from 520 px to 810 px Height is unlimited. ATTENTION! It’s not possible anymore to set a tab as the default tab, so people won’t automa:cally see your (welcome) tab anymore!
4. PINNED POSTS You can always pin 1 post at the top of your Facebook pages BUT a[er 7 days this pin will automa:cally be ‘unpinned’!
5. STARRED POSTS If you highlight a post, it will get larger and takes up the en:re width of the Facebook page. (You can always reverse this) To highlight a post, click on the star in the upper right corner
6. MILESTONES To add a milestone, you have to have a picture (843 x 403 pixels) and a descrip:on! (You can’t add a video or a link as a milestone) Adding milestones means adding an important date from the past. For instance: “opening new store”
7. CHANGE DATE If you want to add something in the past that’s not a milestone, or if you want to add other media (like videos) in the past, you just have to add it as a normal post and change the date
8. FRIEND ACTIVITY Friend Ac;vity already existed but it used to be at the le[ side above the (old) Facebook tabs. So now it’s much more highlighted!
9. RECENT POSTS BY OTHERS You can choose whether to display the recent posts by others on your Facebook or not. If you choose yes, you will see this box beneath the friend feed and the men:ons. If you choose not to, fans won’t see posts of others except when they go to the top of the page and click on ‘posts by others’
10. ACTIVITY LOG The Ac;vity Log helps you manage your Facebook Timeline. Here you can go back to old posts, hide or unhide posts, change dates, delete posts, …
11. PRIVATE MESSAGES This also might be perfect to get personal informa:on from your fans. For instance when they won a contest and you need their address The new message buAon helps you have one-‐on-‐one conversa:ons with your audience.
12. ADMIN PANEL The Admin Panel displays what used to be at the right of your page. For instance: no:ﬁca:ons, insights, page :ps and now also private messages
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATIONUploaded Images Maximum size you can upload: 2048 x 2048 pixels Maximum size displayed in slideshow or album: 960 x 720 pixels Uploaded videos Maximum size you can upload: 1024MB Maximum length of the video: 20 minutes Facebook ads Size picture in the ad: 110 x 80 pixels File size limit: 5MB Maximum characters header: 25 Maximum characters body copy: 135 Facebook Status Update Maximum length status update: 63.206 characters Maximum comment length: unlimited
EXAMPLESCoca-‐Cola Founded in 1886: A handwri+en le+er from the owner of Alpha Drug Co. in Woonsocket, RI, in 1886
EXAMPLES Starbucks Great use of tab icons ‘Opened’ instead of ‘Founded’ because they indicated that they are a store
EXAMPLES Old Spice Facebook Cover and Facebook Proﬁle Picture match perfectly
EXAMPLESSubway Picture of their ﬁrst store ever