2. “ Always remember the 80/20 law : 80% of your desktop site will not be useful to mobile users. Therefore, you need to research the 20% you should be focusing on.” Maximiliano Firtman
3. Mobilizing, not Minimizing <ul>Desktop version http://www.downtownpittsburgh.com/ </ul>Mobile version http://m.downtownpittsburgh.com/
4. Mobilizing, not Minimizing <ul>Minimizing – displaying the same content on a </ul>smaller screen. <ul>Mobilizing – offering your services and content in a manner that is useful and allows for quick access by the user </ul>
5. Elements of mobile design Layout Context Message Color Typography Graphics Look and Feel
7. List-Based Layout Every mobile web document has a few identified zones:
8. Horizontal List Design Pattern
9. Horizontal lists have limited use on the mobile web as they can be difficult to read once they begin to wrap
10. A common use of this design pattern is for breadcrumbs and for top navigation menus.
11. Breadcrumbs are typically short and rendered in a small font which minimizes wrapping
12. if the list is being used as high level navigation use a background colour to visually separate the list (or list elements) from other elements on the page.
13. Accordion Menu Design Pattern makes good use of the display space available to the user without compromising on the ease of use and look/feel aspect of the web page
14. NewFordOffers expands to show the sub-menus while others are collapsed
15. When NewPeugeotOffers is selected, the previous selected item NerFordOffers collpases to make space for the latter to expand it's sub-menus
16. to find out more Mobile Dessign Patterns and Design Tips visit our blog http://designformobile.wordpress.com/
18. achieving cross-browser compatibility for custom fonts
23. Where to find all these different versions of the custom font? download for free all @font-face kits that you need http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fontface use @font-face kit generator automatically convert the custom font to all the necessary file types http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fontface /generator