2. <ul><li>If you want to succeed, you need to set goals. Without goals you lack focus and direction. </li></ul><ul><li>Goal setting allows you to take control of your life's direction and it also provides you a benchmark for determining whether you are actually succeeding. </li></ul>Golden Rules for Goal Setting Introduction – Think about it!
3. Golden Rules for Goal Setting Defintion – Goal Setting Goal setting is a process that starts with careful consideration of what you want to achieve, and ends with a lot of hard work to actually do it.
4. <ul><li>When you set goals for yourself, it is important that they motivate you: this means making sure that they are important to you, and that there is value in achieving them. </li></ul>05 Golden Rules for Goal Setting 1. Set Goals that Motivate You!
5. 05 Golden Rules for Goal Setting 2. Set SMART Goals SMART Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant Time Bound SMART Well Defined Precise Amounts Possible Important for life It needs a deadline
6. <ul><li>The physical act of writing down a goal makes it real and tangible. You have no excuse for forgetting about it. </li></ul>05 Golden Rules for Goal Setting 3. Set Goals in Writing!
7. <ul><li>By writing out the individual steps, and then crossing each one off as you complete it, you'll realize that you are making progress towards your ultimate goal. </li></ul>05 Golden Rules for Goal Setting 4. Make an Action Plan
8. <ul><li>Build in reminders to keep yourself on track. </li></ul><ul><li>Make sure the relevance, value, and necessity remain high. </li></ul>05 Golden Rules for Goal Setting 5. Stick With It!
9. Lico Reis Consultoria & Línguas Prof. Roberto Lico Reis www.licoreis.com [email_address] [email_address] E-books: www.migre.me/oQ5 Linkedin: ww.migre.me/1d9r Twitter: @licoreis