Disaster - Definition
- A disaster is a natural or man-made event that negatively affects life, property, livelihood or industry.
Types of Disaster
Disaster - External
- It could be an economic downturn, a hurricane, terrorism, and earthquakes.
Disaster - Internal
- The death or disability of the founder, workplace violence, product failure, management failure.
Disaster - Outcomes
- A disaster often results in permanent changes to human societies, ecosystems and environment.
Disaster – Causes
- Lack of preparation or care.
Ways to Deal With a Disaster
- There are many ways to deal with a disaster, you can:
Contingency Plan Definition
- It is a plan to deal directly with a disaster situation.
- It is a guideline to be followed and to keep focus to overcome the main problems.
Contingency Plan Main Features
- Create a Crisis Management team.
- Develop a Crisis Guideline.
- Keep a company back up file.
- Develop a communication system.
- Train Evacuation Actions.
Lico Reis Consultoria & Línguas Prof. Lico Reis www.licoreis.com [email_address] E-books: www.migre.me/oQ5 Linkedin: www.migre.me/1d9r Twitter: Licoreis