Finding a multi-volume_sourcePresentation Transcript
Finding a multi-volume source
using the Library Catalog
HCC Brandon Library
This is not a science!
• Since the book database does NOT index
books by number of volumes in the set, it is
not really set up to FIND a multi-volume set of
• The following is an effort to increase your
chances of finding a multi-volume set.
• Go to: Find Books, Articles and More
• On the first line:
– Type in your subject (and change the field from
keyword to subject)
• On the second line:
– Type in Encyclopedia OR Dictionary (and change
the field to title)
• At Find Books, Articles and More, look for your subject
(1st field) and “Encyclopedia” or “Dictionary” on the
second field (changed to title); change format to
• For a broader search, select “All Community Colleges”
• In the description field, look for v or vol. followed by a
number, i.e 2 v.
• Remember – this search is meant only to increase your
CHANCES of finding a multi-volume set of books.