• developing a library that supports the IB
curriculum from PYP to DP
• providing more targeted curriculum support with
the additional of another teacher librarian
• developing and maintaining an expert database
• promoting a love of reading within the WISS
• Flexible scheduling continues to promote maximum usage
throughout the school.
• Regular magazine and newsletter articles.
• Author visits – Alan Gibbons, Ji Li Jiang, Neil Griffiths, Jan
Latta, Anne Spudvilas.
• 2 different Book clubs offered throughout the year and a 3
day Book Fair during Book Week.
• Collaborative teaching opportunities greatly expanded
across the whole school with additional support during the
Patrons & Circulation
• Students – 777 (40% increase, includes departed
• Faculty – 193
• Parents – 73
• Circulation – 45,552 loans
• Summer borrowing – 925 loans
• All Secondary textbooks and Primary Chinese
texts are now circulated through the Library.
• The collection has grown 17.5% to 26,136
titles (46,596 copies);
• Growth areas have centered around
Magazines, Chinese and the Foreign
• This year has also seen the addition of a
Kindle and 4 iPads which are be used to trial
digital magazine subscriptions and e-books.
• Head librarian led grade 10 MYP Personal
Project, highlighting research skills and
• Emphasis on bibliographies from PYP
• Librarian collaborated on 9 PYP units of
inquiry to integrate information literacy into
• Currently developing PYP information literacy
skills continuum in line with research skills in
Making the PYP Happen
WISS Library Collection June 2013
(excluding readers & classroom resources)
3% Fiction YA
• Britannica Online & Global Reference Centre,
Brain Pop, Teen Health & Wellness, and
Questia continued to be used this year;
• Tumble Books has proved a popular
replacement for Bookflix
• Turnitin and Newsbank databases were
introduced. Turnitin is being used in the
Secondary school as a tool to teach students
about Academic Honesty.
• Library expansions to develop a
dedicated Secondary Library space and
a storytelling theatre space
• More collaborative teaching support
across all programmes
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.