• developing a library that supports the IB
curriculum from PYP to DP
• promoting a love of reading within the
• Flexible scheduling introduced to promote maximum
usage throughout the school.
• Regular magazine and newsletter articles.
• Author visits – 6 major author visits
this year including the Graphic artist Kazu Kibuishi.
• 2 different Book clubs offered 3 times this year and a 3
day Book Fair during Book Week.
• Collaborative teaching opportunities and expanded
support to MYP and DP students.
Patrons & Circulation
• Students – 555 (53% increase, includes departed
• Faculty – 140
• Parents – 59
• Circulation – 51,808 loans (31,714 to Faculty)
• Summer borrowing – 678 loans
• All Secondary textbooks are now circulated
through the Library.
• The collection has grown 30% to 22,841
titles (39,427 copies);
• Growth areas have centered around
Magazines & newspapers, Chinese
and the Foreign Language collections;
WISS Library Collection Development 2009-12
WISS Library Collection June 2012
• Britannica Online & Global Reference Centre,
Brain Pop, Teen Health & Wellness continued
to be used this year;
• Tumble Books replaced Bookflix and
Childroad was introduced for Chinese
• Questia High School database was added;
• Turnitin and Newsbank are under
consideration for 2012-13.
• Addition of another Librarian to provide
more collaborative planning
opportunities across the whole school
and develop the Library programme
thoughout the school.
• Introduction of iPads in the Library.