Shared Experience Reinterpreted Communication
primary form of communication
- first hand experience (unfiltered)
secondary form of communication
- filtered experience exchange(thru another medium)
- time capsule (physical objects)
Digital Reinterpretation Device CAMERA RAW (DIGITAL NEGATIVE) CMOS SENSOR (CAPTURE OF LIGHT) DIGIC 4 PROCESSOR ADOBE RAW JPG JPG PHOTOSHOP TIFF PSD
Personal Interpretation Statue of Liberty + Helicopter Before 9/11 this image could be interpreted as tourism but after 9/11, this image may have a different meaning.
Personal Interpretation Faucet This set of faucets clearly dispenses the same water. We are conditioned to this that blue means cold, red means hot.
Mapping – “Dear Parsons” Photo Confession Booth
- what does it mean to “experience” something?
- I’m interested in how people view situations differently and how they base their decisions on past experiences.
- I am oftentimes asked where and how I took a photo. What settings I used. The camera’s metadata doesn’t have enough information. What other sensory information can be recorded?
- Is there a device out there that captures an “experience” but reinterprets differently based on the person viewing it?
- Existential thought. What is it?
- How does one shape their own reality?