Please reference this site to support your
What does it mean to write in digital spaces?
How do we use writing to support learning?
How do we prepare our students to use digital
environments that most likely will be the majority (if
not only) platform that they will be working in and
Source: Silvia Tolisano
is a method of communication
is a website with entries called posts
encourages the exchange of ideas
includes features such as comments, hyperlinked
text and other media to increase user interactivity
is easy to set up and maintain!
• Develop and strengthen communication skills
• Great platform for reflection
• Interactive: two-way communication and discourse
• A “real” writing experience - opportunities for revised
compositions and shared with authentic audience
• Promotes digital citizenship and building a positive
• Collaborative opportunities and global connections
“I think the biggest tip that I'd have for classroom teachers interested in building
interest in blogging among their students would be to see blogging as
something more than just a place for students to post stand-alone thoughts.
For me, the power in blogging rests not in what I write alone, but in the
reactions that others have to my writing and in my efforts to read and
respond to the thoughts of others.
Accomplished bloggers seek out others who are wrestling with common areas of
interest, primarily because opportunities to interact with ideas is motivating. One
of the tenets of constructivism is that true learning only takes place when
deeply held personal beliefs are challenged by contrary evidence. In those
moments, individuals are forced to reﬁne and revise ideas that they once
held to be true.
In a sense, blogging makes such experiences possible for everyone. It is, in
some ways, a remarkable opportunity for differentiation because writers of
all ages are wrestling with interesting ideas at all times. With a bit of poking
around, challenging content can be found for anyone.”
• Sharing permissions
• Approval processes for posts and comments
• Managing and sharing feeds - RSS is your friend
• Topic choices, commenting requirements, content area
• Taking blogging to the next level: connections, creative
Contact me any time with
questions or needs!
@lynhilt on Twitter
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.