1. Welcome to IBM Sametime 8.5.2IFR1A new version of IBM Sametime is coming to you. Take a look at whats in store! Whats newHere are some great new features available in Sametime Advanced: New file transfer features From an open chat window with a single user, send multiple files: You can now send multiple files or a single folder -- not just individual files -- to a single user. From an open chat window with a single chat partner, right-click a contact, or select a single contact and then select Tools > Send. Then select the file(s) or folder to send. You can also send a single file to multiple users. From an open chat window with multiple chat From an open chat window with multiple chat partners, send a single file to each chat partner, partners, send a single file to each chat partner, simultaneously. simultaneously. If youre viewing the files in chat history, youll see when individual files and entire folders were sent. Send chat messages to someone who is offline or whose status is set to “Do Not Disturb” Double-click or right-click an offline contact or a contact whose status is set to Do Not Disturb to send them a chat. Or, continue an existing chat even when your chat partner goes offline or sets their status to Do Not Disturb. When your chat partner logs on again or changes their status from Do Not Disturb, they see any messages sent to them while they were unavailable. Or, view offline messages sent to you by clicking the File>View Offline Messages menu. NOTE: You can send chats to the pre-852 Sametime© Copyright IBM Corp. 2011
2. Connect and Sametime browser clients. You can receive offline messages on mobile clients. Organization view If you see an Organization View panel in your Sametime client, click it to see a hierarchical view of your organization. Click to expand and collapse individual nodes in the organization view to show or hide contacts in that part of the organization. Hover your mouse on a contact to see the business card. Right-click a contact or node and select an action to perform. You can even find the organizational position of someone in your contact list. Right - click the name of the contact and select Show in Organization View to find the position of that person in the organization.Here are some great new features available in Sametime Standard:New Sametime meeting Leave Meeting button and New leave button for meeting participants:new End Meeting button optionsIn a Sametime meeting room, participants have a newLeave Meeting button which they can click to leavethe current meeting.Room owners and managers still see an End Meetingbutton; they see this button instead of a Leave New End Meeting options for room owners andMeeting button. The End Meeting button gives the managers:room owner or manager the option to leave themeeting or end the meeting for everyone.New options to automatically mute meetingparticipants when they join a call and to start avideo callWhen a call from within a meeting room is started, themeeting room owner now has the option to have allmeeting participants join the call muted. This meansthat the voices of everyone on the call except for themeeting room owner can not be heard.Room owners also have the flexibility to turn off videofor the call when they return to a meeting room, or to
3. keep the default.New Sametime meeting active speaker iconIn Sametime meeting rooms, an "active speaker" icon willnow display next to the name of the participant who iscurrently speaking during a call.Additional mobile device supportThe new IBM Sametime native client for Apple iPhone andiPad mobile devices lets you do many things that you dowith Sametime, including participate in chats, retrieve yourchat history, and add new contacts and groups. If you haveSametime Unified Telephony, you can also make calls.The optimized browser-based IBM Sametime meetings forthe Apple iPad and Google Android tablets lets you createnew Sametime meeting rooms and participate in existingones, directly from your tablet..
4. Whats changedHere is a change to Sametime Standard from the previous release.Revised Video call control optionsDuring a video call, the wording of the video call controlshas changed so that the meaning is more clear.• "Pause my video/Resume my video" is now "Share My Video/ Stop Sharing My Video", (For meetings that use video only.)• "Hide my video/Show my video" is now "Preview My Video/Stop Video Preview"
5. Learn more and get helpUse the following resources to learn more and get assistance:Resource DescriptionGetting Started New to IBM Sametime, or just need a refresher? See the IBM Sametime wiki for demos, reference cards, and other materials for getting started with IBM Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/stwiki.nsf/dx/Getting_started_with_Sametime_8.5.2_IFR1_Media Gallery View the entire collection of demos, tutorials, reference cards, and product tours in the IBM Sametime Media Gallery: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/stwiki.nsf/xpViewCategories.xsp? lookupName=Media%20gallerySametime Learning Widget Install the Sametime Learning widget to access show-me demos, tutorials, product tours, and more, directly from your client. http://www.lotus.com/ldd/stwiki.nsf/dx/Download_the_Sametime_8.5.2_L earning_WidgetNew Features To view a list of new features, see the Whats New topic in the IBM Sametime wiki: http://www.lotus.com/ldd/stwiki.nsf/dx/Whats_new_in_IBM_Sametime_8.5.2_IFR1Blog To view and blog about tips for using IBM Sametime, see the Sametime blog at: https://www-950.ibm.com/blogs/SametimeBlog/Help links and locations You can get help by clicking Learn More, Watch Demo, Help, or ?. For Getting Started help, see the Sametime wiki: http://www.lotus.com/ldd/stwiki.nsf/dx/Getting_started_with_Sametime_8.5.2_IFR1 _
6. Submit feedback Let us know if this guide was helpful to you or provide comments on our Help topics. Look for the Submit Feedback button or link in your product Help.IBM, the IBM logo, and ibm.com are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered inmany jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBMtrademarks is available on the Web at “Copyright and trademark information” at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.