View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• When the action on screen is slowed down.
• A technique used to show the passing on
• A gradual transition from one image to
• A gradual transformation from black to the
• A gradual transformation from the image to
A gradual transformation from black to the
• One shot is pushed off the screen by another
• The eyeline match begins with a character
looking at something off-screen, there will
then be a cut to the object or person at which
he is looking. For example, a man is looking
off-screen to his left, and then the film cuts to
a television that he is watching.
• During the movement the camera angles cuts
to a new angle but follows the action.
• Inter-cutting between two simultaneous
stories or scenes.
• The technique used to create parallel editing.
Shot / Reverse Shot
• Camera placed opposite one another and it
swaps between them.
• Two sequential shots that are taken from very
slightly different angles.
• Cut to a different take to add detail – a
different subject but adds detail.
• Cut to a different take to add detail – the same
subject but adds detail.