Nuts and Bolts of Scrum Template (extended)
- 4,357 views
TFS2010: Nuts and Bolts of Visual Studio Scrum v1.0 Template ...
TFS2010: Nuts and Bolts of Visual Studio Scrum v1.0 Template
Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) are the cornerstones of development on the Microsoft .NET platform. These tools represent some of the best opportunities for success and to experience a focused and smooth software development process. For TFS 2010 Microsoft heavily invested in Scrum and is moving some internal product teams onto the approach.
This session is not about Scrum in depth, (for that please visit scrum.org) but rather, we will cover the lifecycle of creating work items and how this fits into Scrum using Visual Studio ALM and Team Foundation Server. We will cover in detail:
* How to successfully gather requirements
* How to plan a project using TFS 2010 and Scrum
* How to work with a product backlog in TFS 2010
* The right way to plan a sprint with TFS 2010
* Tracking your progress
* The right way to use work items
* Leveraging built-in reporting and Project portals available on the SharePoint dashboard
* Reports targeted to the Product Owner / Project Manager
You will walk away knowing how to interpret and understand a project health and progress. Visual Studio ALM is designed to address many of the problems faced by teams using traditional approaches. It does
so by providing a set of integrated tools to help teams improve their software development activities and to help management better support the software development processes.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views