+ You can usually guess what kind of work it is
by looking at the ending. Most of the time:
+ Nouns: -ment, -or, -tion
– development, operator, location
+ Verbs: -ize, -ate
– realize, maximize, operate, tolerate
+ Adjectives: -ive, able
– productive, understandable
+ Adverbs: -ly
– quickly, beautifully, strongly
+ verbs come after to, will, won’t, could,
– We need to study for the test.
+ Adjectives usually come after very
– That dog is very ugly.
+ nouns usually come after pronouns
– I want to plan our vacation.
+ adverbs can go before or after main verbs
– She sat down gracefully.
– I actually wanted to laugh when I saw his face.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.