2. Semester review Here’s what we’ve studied so far: Lesson 1: Chat acronyms Lesson 5: Peripherals / Wikipedia /Citations Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) Webquests Useful websites Lesson 6: QR codes Lesson 2: Memes Twitter user configuration URLs / domains Lesson 7: Online safety / Phishing / Malware Lesson 3: Google Search techniques Lesson 8: YouTube / Subtitle creation Computer chips / binary systems Lesson 9: Easter Eggs / Video quiz creation Lesson 4: Moore’s Law / data prefixes Lesson 10: Cloud computing / Google docs Sound / Twitter Lesson 11: TED lectures / interactive transcriptsAssignments: Google search / Weekly Twitter posts / Follow 10 classmates, teacherand a celebrity / Change Twitter user settings (photo and background) / Create a QRcode / Meme presentation / Facebook Friends checking / Webquest / Videosubtitles / Easter Eggs / Google Docs survey / TED Questions
3. Final QuizThe final quiz is 50 questions to review a bit ofeverything we have studied this semester. Eventhough the computers haven’t been friendly tous, we still covered a lot of information.You can review by going to www.jadekite.com/computerBe sure to review:Chat acronyms GUIs Memes URLs Google searches binary memory YouTube subtitling Wikipedia peripherals QR codes malware Easter Eggs Google Docs cloud computing TED lectures
4. Review of cloud computingWhat is cloud computing?Name three examples of companies that use cloud computing.What are the five major advantages to cloud computing?Name two disadvantages of cloud computing.What online software have we used in this class?
5. Review of cloud computingWhat is cloud computing?Cloud computing is working and saving files online.Name three examples of companies that use cloud computing.Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox, Google docs, YouTube, Twitter…What are the five major advantages to cloud computing?Sharable, Efficient, Portable, Flexible, AutomaticName two disadvantages of cloud computing.1: You have to be able to go online 2: SecurityWhat online software have we used in this class?Facebook, Google docs, YouTube, YouCaption, Twitter
6. TEDONLINE LECTURES AND INTERESTING DISCUSSIONS
7.  TED stands forWhat is TED? Technology Entertainment Design TED started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. TEDTalks share what happens at TED with the world through their online website at www.ted.com Their motto ( 座右銘 ) is “Ideas worth spreading” Millions of people now visit their website to listen toSource: some of the most interesting people in the worldhttp://teachingwithted.pbworks.com/w/page/19958111/FrontPage talk about what is important to them.
8.  TEDTalks were originally held inWhere are theTedTalks held, California, but they are now held alland who around the world.speaks at thesethings? Some well-known speakers include: Bill Gates Al Gore Bill Clinton Jane Goodall Bono Jamie Oliver
9. TED has been called “YouTube forWhat’s the smart people”.point? TED is also a social networkingYou can learn aboutalmost anything you’re website, where people can getinterested by looking together and discuss interestingthrough the TEDwebsite. They have a topics, write comments to thereally great variety ofspeakers from almost lectures, and even help to subtitleevery field, giving veryinteresting information. the lectures into other languages. You can see TEDTalks translated into Chinese at: http://www.ted.com/translate/ languages/zh-tw
10.  On the TED website, search forLet’s watch one “Truth and lies” and choose the first video.  You can choose Chinese subtitles (if they are available) from the menu:http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_magic_of_truth_and_lies_on_ipods.html
11.  If the talk has been translated, you can select the subtitles andExtra features view the words on the underneathFor many videos, youcan use subtitles, and the video.even view the transcript( 謄本 ) of the talk.
12.  Find the Steve Jobs speech called: “How to live before you die”You Try  This video doesn’t have aTED also collects talks transcript, but it does havegiven by famous peoplein other places besides subtitles which you can turn on.their conferences.
13.  Go to the following webpage and clickQuiz on the link for a quiz about the video.When you’re done, takethe quiz to answer thequestions. www.jadekite.com/computer/TED.html  Answer all the questions.