1. Build your library lessons from the CCSS and the CPS
Content Frameworks. Use AASL and other standards as
2. Teach lessons that relate to subjects being taught in the
classroom; do not teach library skills in isolation.
3. Incorporate library, information, and technology skills
into content-specific lessons
4. Maintain a library website and showcase student work.
5. Use your website to aggregate electronic pathfinders to
6. Be a technology leader in your school!
7. Be a leader in the use of mobile devices to support your
students to be CREATORS of content!
8. Curate your school’s digital library; incorporate eBooks
and other digital content.
9. Submit monthly reports to the principal and building
leadership; keep data on your program
10.Blend print literature and technology to create a library
media center that is the hub of your school!