“Does wiki technology facilitate
collaborative knowledge creation
in a Higher Education
Faculty of Pharmacy
Three lectures agree to participate
Small Group of second year students
Both using wiki for the first time
VLE does not have wiki installed
Assignment: create a collaborative
Wiki should contains:
• My identification
• A succinct proposal of my research
• Main objectives
• List of participants
• Tutorial about using wiki
• Examples of application in education
• Best practices
• Techniques to motivate participation
• Lack in computer literacy
• Lack of experience in applying technology in
• Wiki unknown as a educational tool
• Evening course + full time work
• Compute Lab room hard to book
• Difficulty to motivate lectures in using
• Fear in implementing something new and
Did the elearning object meet the
Did learners enjoy the experience?
Did learners believe they are benefited?
Was the style acceptable to learners?
Were the motivation techniques effectives?
Did learners complete the assignment for
creating a collaborative knowledge?
Allen, M. W. (2003). Michael Allen's guide to e-learning: building
interactive, fun, and effective learning programs for any company.
Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley.
Clark, R. C., & Mayer, R. E. (2008). E-learning and the science of
instruction: proven guidelines for consumers and designers of
multimedia learning. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer.
Horton, W. (2004). Evaluating E-Learning: here is how you can
predict success, measure value, prove worth. Alexandria, VA:
American Society for Training & Development.
Shackelford, B. (2005). Project managing e-learning. Alexandria:
Shank, P., & Sitze, A. (2004). Making sense of online learning a
guide for beginners and the truly skeptical. San Francisco: Pfeiffer.