2. To make an IR gun we need a remote control and a toy gun
3. On the other hand we need a IR receiver and a Arduino breadboard
4. A=er installing the IR library for arduino and making the IR receiver work we push a bu@on on the remote control and look which bu@on we can receive. And we write down the code we receive (A81 in our case).
5. Remove the ba@eries of the remote control and open it.
6. Now we can see the breadboard. On one side we can see al the bu@ons.
7. On the other side we see some electronic components. The most important one is the IR LED which sends the signal.
8. Find the bu@on you were able to read with the IR receiver. Follow the path of that bu@on and ﬁnd 2 points that are easy to solder.
9. Cut the housing of the remote control trough par/ally just under the bu@ons.
10. Now we can break the housing in 2 pieces.
11. Put the breadboard back in the housing.
12. Put the ba@eries back in the remote control
13. Turn the remote control around
14. Connect the 2 points you found with a wire and look if you receive the signal with your IR receiver.
15. If you receive the signal, solder a wire to each point. You can be@er do this with a precision solder tool.
16. Make sure the cable is long enough and tape it to the remote control so the point doesn’t get loose.
17. Repeat this for the second point.
18. Desolder the IR LED. Mind the polarity! Write it down or mark one of the legs of the IR LED so you know it.
19. Solder 2 wires to the connec/on points of the IR LED on the breadboard.
20. Here you can see the 2 wires soldered to the connec/on points.
21. Now take the toy gun and unscrew al screws.
22. Open the gun and take the part with the electronic components in it.
23. Make a small cut in the material so we have a gap to place the wires in.
24. Here we can see the 2 gaps for the wires
25. Loosen the motor that is posi/oned in the barrel of the gun.
26. Make a gap on the side of the barrel to place the wires of the IR LED.
27. Look where you are going to place the breadboard of the remote control.
28. Remove enough material so it is possible to place the breadboard of the remote control inside the gun. And mount the breadboard inside the gun.
29. Place the cable for the IR LED in the gap. Mind that the motor can spin without touching the wires
30. Place the cable of the IR LED in the gap between the barrel and the body of the gun.
31. Cut the cables to the appropriate length.
32. Glue 2 small switches together.
33. Take the trigger out.
34. Mark the points where we need to drill a hole for moun/ng the switches.
35. Take drill of 1mm diameter.
36. Drill the 2 holes you marked earlier.
37. Put a small amount of glue on the back side of the switches and put them in place.
38. Solder the 2 wires from the remote (bu@on) to the ﬁrst switch.
39. Cut the wire that comes from the + pole and go’s to the breadboard inside the gun. solder the cables to the other switch.
40. Solder the switch that was already in the gun.
41. Fire the gun and see if everything works
42. Measure on which 2 connec/ons we have 3V because the remote control needs 3V.
43. Connect these 2 points with correct poles of the remote control.
44. Solder the IR LED to the cables.
45. Place the second half of the gun on top of the other half.
46. Put all screws in place and /ghten the screws.
47. Repeat this for the second weapon
48. Mark 1 of the guns so you know which weapon has which code.