1. “Social Media can help us be the Church moreefficiently and effectively. It is apowerful tool for establishingrelationships, meeting needs, and supportingcommunication…I pray God will use thetechnology behind it to touch lives, edify thebody, and reinvigorate your ministry.”- Gus Svendsen, Marketing Expert - SocialMedia Guide For Churches
2. IT’S WORTH IT.- Courtesy of DIOSA Communication & Nonprofit Tech 2.0
3. - Courtesy of Social Media Guide For Churches
4. BEFORE YOU DIVE HEAD FIRST INTO SOCIAL MEDIA.... Do you have a website to direct traffic to? Have you established your goals and expectations? Do you have a person or team dedicated to managing your social media pages? Have you established who you are trying to reach? Is your intended audience using social media?
5. THE USUAL SUSPECTS: LET’S FOCUSThe Basics:BlogFacebookTwitterYouTubeAdditional Exploration:LinkedInGoogle +TumblrMeet-UpIt’s better to choose a few networks to dedicate your time to, than to over extend on too many networks.
6. LET’S GET TECHNICAL…….Visit LFSVA’s YouTube Channel to view videos that walk you throughestablishing new accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lfsva%2C+channel&lclk=channel/a
7. BLOGEasy to use blogging platforms:BloggerWordpressTumblrLearn from the best by reviewing these popular church blogs:http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/http://www.desiringgod.org/blog
8. FACEBOOKExample of a good/popular church facebook fan page:http://www.facebook.com/hillsongchurch?ref=search&sid=594589675.24294106 29Creating interesting/sharable content: (Your pictures can say 1000 words)http://nonprofitorgs.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/11-types-of-photos-nonprofits- should-post-on-social-media/
9. TWITTER• 5 Types of tweets that are guaranteed to get reposted.http://nonprofitorgs.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/five-types-of-nonprofit- tweets-guaranteed-to-get-retweeted/
10. YOUTUBE• Create a channel (This helps you build a brand or online identity) • Your YouTube can be created through an existing gmail account.• The Viral Trap: Set realistic goals/expectations. Your content is a success if your intended audience watches it.• Animoto is a great FREE tool: Visit www.animoto.com to try the online video creating tool. You can request a free upgraded account for your nonprofit.• Here’s an example of what Animoto can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtwWZJl3po&feature=plcp
11. ADDITIONAL EXPLORATIONGoogle +TumblrMeet-Up
12. MobileMarketing forChurchesby MobileMarketing IM
13. MOBILE MARKETING: YOU CAN USE IT TO GET AMESSAGE OUT THERE OR REQUESTDONATIONS.Broadcast: Donations:Upcoming 1. Text to voice donations: When persons respond to your text, you events, alerts, or can call them to take a donation inspirational over the phone. messages. 2. Mobile Web site donations: Provide a link through text to a mobile web page to make a donation.My pick for text marketing: Find the rest here: http://www.nten.org/blog/2010/09/1Simple Texting 3/7-ways-nonprofits-use-mobile- phones-rake-cash-monies